Spanish or Portuguese Speaking Emerging Markets Equity Analyst, Global Asset Management
Spanish Emerging Markets Equity Analyst, London
Our client is a leading global asset management firm and one of the most successful in the world. They are now looking to add a Spanish speaking Emerging Markets Equity Analyst.
The successful candidate will work closely with the portfolio managers to research and recommend stocks for inclusion in the portfolios.
The analyst will undertake ongoing training and development with the Global Emerging Markets Equity team, which has a well-defined investment philosophy and rigorous approach to fundamental analysis. Training will involve extensive education by and feedback from both analysts and fund managers on the team.
Previous investment experience is preferred but not essential.
The analyst must display strong numerical, analytical and communication skills.
A member of the GEM Equity team:
• Responsible for the analysis of Emerging markets companies with a view to making stock recommendations to fund managers for inclusion in the emerging market equity portfolios.
• Undertaking the analysis of company reports and accounts. Evaluating company business models. Evaluating economic conditions that impact sectors and companies under coverage. Building complex financial models incorporating financial projections. Utilising different fair value methodologies to establish fair value estimates.
• Communicating investment views and conviction effectively to fund managers, both in writing and verbally.
• Conducting management interactions (both management meetings and management conference calls).
• Participating in strategy meetings, client and potential client meetings and meetings with consultants.
• Ongoing development of skill-set. Supporting the development of other members of the analyst resource. Essential qualifications and skills:
• Equity analyst from buy or sell side firm; ACA/ CFA
• Exceptional academic record
• Strong interest in business, investing and markets
• Strong numerical, reasoning and analytical ability
• Strong evidence of ability to interpret data and information to form an investment conclusion.
• Ability to think broadly
• Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
• Microsoft Office essential, to include Word and Excel. Knowledge of other relevant systems, tools or coding languages an advantage.
• Team player
• Strong self-awareness and responsive to feedback. Relentlessly seeks improvement
• Ability to plan work load independently
• Fluent in Spanish and / or Portuguese