Intern - Financial Planning
1 day left
- Employment Type
Altfest Personal Wealth Management has a unique opportunity for an Intern to contribute to the day-to-day responsibilities in a highly regarded Wealth Management Firm. For approximately 20 hours per week beginning in May and increasing to about 35 hours per week in the summer, for a minimum of 6 months, you will support our Financial Advisors in the areas of Wealth Management and Investment Research.
As a member of the firm’s Client Team, you will assist Financial Advisors with tasks including:
• Creating and preparing presentation materials for meetings with clients
• Creating investment proposals for new clients
• Performing Investment Research using industry standard software
• Assisting with Financial Plans and projections
• Reviewing and updating client information for the financial planning process
• Supporting various business development initiatives
• Maintaining client and fund data
******MUST BE LOCATED IN NEW YORK METRO AREA******
• Interested in pursuing a career in Financial Planning and Wealth Management
• Computer savvy with experience using Excel
• Minimum grade point average of 3.5, impressive standardized test scores
• Detail-oriented, organized
• Self-starter, takes initiative
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work to meet deadlines
• Possess strong interpersonal communication skills
• Desire to support actions that are in the best interest of the client
• Strong sense of responsibility with a positive “can do” attitude
• High energy level, self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
• Effective team player with a high level of integrity
For consideration, please email your resume with a cover letter describing why you should be selected for this Internship to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Altfest Personal Wealth Management, founded in 1983, is a pioneer in the fee-only Wealth Management movement. Fee-only means that the firm receives fees only from its clients and not from commissions and the sale of products, which can otherwise lead to conflicts of interest. The firm is dedicated to putting clients’ interests ahead of its own, hiring highly talented people who work as a team to develop the best strategies for clients, utilizing internal experts that sub-specialize in a variety of technical areas and client segments, providing a personal, warm caring atmosphere and a high level of service for clients, and introducing innovative methods to the profession that increase the value provided to clients.
The firm was recently named in The Financial Times’ “FT300” – a listing of the nation’s top 300 Retirement Investment Advisors for 2017. The firm provides clients with investment management, retirement planning, insurance, tax and estate advisory.
Lewis Altfest, Ph.D., CFA, CFP®, founded the firm after leaving Lord Abbett & Co, a large mutual fund company with over 100 billion in assets under management, where he was a Partner and Director of Research. Lew has been named to Barron’s “Top 100 Independent Advisors” as well as Barron’s state-by-state listing of “America’s Top 1,200 Financial Advisors” as #51.
Karen C Altfest, Ph.D., CFP®, joined the firm in its early years and has had a strong impact on its growth. Karen oversees the firm’s marketing activities including a very successful program for affluent women. Karen was recently featured in Forbes’ first-ever list of “America’s Top Women Advisors” – she ranked #17 out of 200.
The firm's culture is very collegial with a family atmosphere where we care for our employees. Our team is very analytical, hardworking and yet looks to develop new ideas that will help it sustain and accelerate our growth into the future.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management is an equal opportunity employer.