Equity Data Insights Analyst
The Equity Data Insights Analyst supports the fundamental investment process using data driven insights to intelligently augment the bottoms up research performed by the fundamental research team.
- Inform the investment process – Bring new data driven insights to the Equity Analyst and PM’s. Serve as a resource for Equity Analysts and PMs to consult on potential uses of fundamental and alternative data in the investment process. Keep current on latest trends in machine learning and quantitative techniques. Create visualizations to share the analysis and insights to the Equity Analyst and PMs.
- Provide quantitative insights into the investment process – Facilitate a process for effectively incorporating quantitative insights into the fundamental investment process. This would include responding to ad hoc requests from analyst as well as proactively providing periodic reviews and updates to PM’s and analysts on their holdings and portfolio positioning.
- Coordinate between fundamental research, quantitative research, and the technology data center – Work effectively between existing resources in the Quantitative Equity Group, Quantitative Fixed Income, Multi-Asset Research, and New York Technology Center. Act as a liaison between fundamental research and quantitative research teams to complete data science projects.
- Collaborative behavior with key stakeholders – Analysts, PM’s, Quant Team, Technology, Distribution
- Raise awareness and create a “pull” for a data science overlay with fundamental investors
- Positive impact on investment results
- B.S. in a quantitative discipline (i.e. Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics)
- Outstanding analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Excellent skills in statistics/econometrics and proficiency in programming languages, such as R, Python or Matlab, and a demonstrated ability at applying those skills to modeling problems
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate complex statistical concepts to business users
- Strong people skills, team-orientation, and a professional attitude
- M.S. in a quantitative discipline (i.e. Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics)
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in applying quantitative methods in investing
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Qlik Sense, RStudio Connect)
- CFA charter or commitment to obtain one