Analyst - Capital Markets Research
The position reports to our portfolio valuation practice, which primarily conducts valuations of various investment securities for hedge funds and other investment companies. The Capital Markets Research Analyst has a particular focus on Private Equity and Debt Markets. The key responsibility of this role is to develop theses and relevant analysis of trends in the Capital Markets based on research of relevant market news, transaction data, and conversations with market participants. The Analyst will also assist in creating and executing internal and external value-add initiatives, including market updates, articles, informative events, and client meetings. Overall, this is a hands-on, multi-faceted role with exposure to senior management and significant leadership opportunities.
- Management of data sources (internally and externally developed), including the maintenance of existing resources and development of new sources.
- Research and analysis of Capital Market trends
- Lead role in developing reports, newsletters, and presentations for internal and external use based on the above research
- Assist in marketing initiatives, including periodic market and industry intelligence
- Collaborate with team to understand client and market needs and create products with tangible business impact
- 2-3 years of experience with Capital Markets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with advanced techniques in Microsoft Excel, Access, Project & PowerPoint
- Database operation and management experience is a plus
- Programming capabilities is a plus
- Business or Finance background preferred
Applicants must have unrestricted authorization to work for any employer in the U.S.