Investment Analyst, Multi-Asset
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
This position works integrally with the Multi-Asset (MA) portfolio managers across multiple aspects of portfolio management and strategy support. The incumbent would partner with Portfolio Managers on research associated with existing strategies as well as the expected growth in customized multi-asset solutions.
This position will also facilitate the development of Asset Allocation Committee related fundamental and quantitative analysis and higher-level investment information content. The Investment Analyst will collaborate with other Multi-Asset colleagues (Quantitative Investment Analysts, Solutions Strategist, Risk, Allocation Analysts, Portfolio Analyst, etc.), as well as investment staff and members of distribution teams across the organization in the execution of research projects.
Ongoing Investment Analyst responsibilities shall include:
- Develop and coordinate a range of analyses in support of client and prospect portfolios, related to strategic and tactical portfolio positioning and special topics
- Collaborate with portfolio managers and quantitative research teams to develop analysis/research in support of the Asset Allocation Committee (AAC) tactical decisions
- Prepare key AAC related communications (Asset Allocation Viewpoints) including communicating rationale behind portfolio positioning and drivers of performance within portfolios
- Synthesize analysis for discussion with clients supporting strategic portfolio enhancements and innovations representing MA’s best practices (e.g., introduction of Real Assets equities, managed volatility, case for alternative strategies, fixed income enhancements)
- Coordinate communications for client portfolios, due diligence materials, RFP responses, and bespoke client inquiries
1. Portfolio Management Support
- Provide support to Portfolio Managers for MA Target Allocation portfolios and separate accounts (38 accounts/$40 billion AUM)
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and participate in firm-wide efforts involving multi-asset topics
- Provide analytical support in developing and enhancing current and prospective multi-asset portfolios
- Coordinate with risk team in developing and interpreting risk analysis
- Cultivate ongoing understanding of financial markets, instruments, and T. Rowe Price funds/strategies along with associated implications for MA portfolios
- Keep abreast of industry trends in the areas of asset allocation and quantitative financial techniques
- Build close partnerships with key internal staff, most notably quantitative team members across MA, Equities, and Fixed Income
- Conceptualize and execute custom research/analysis for client portfolio requests in close coordination with MA Quantitative Research, MA Solutions, and MA Investment Analysts
- Execute operational duties, such as ongoing generation and maintenance of related investment reports, data sets, or analytical infrastructure
2. Tactical Asset Allocation Analysis
- Complete research projects on special topics for the AAC, including financial, quantitative, and statistical analysis of asset classes
- Develop and coordinate analysis for weekly MA Investment Strategy meeting
- Synthesize and summarize investment research from internal and external resources
- Maintain strong understanding of key market themes and associated viewpoints and analysis from both internal and external sources
3. Client Communications and Presentations
- Support the servicing of relationships via close interaction with a wide range of T. Rowe Price staff, including portfolio managers, portfolio analysts, relationship associates, operations staff, and other staff responsible for producing and delivering content to internal and external audiences
- Attend investment meetings, read research reports, utilize information services, etc. to maintain a knowledge base required to successfully represent the capabilities of T. Rowe Price and Multi-Asset
- Leverage content produced for other applications & contribute original content for use by others
- Engage with internal stakeholders and external markets (clients, prospects, consultants) and represent MA products as a representative of the investment team
- MBA or Masters degree in Finance, accounting, mathematics or a related quantitative field.
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry; ideally with experience in or related to fundamental or quantitative investment research.
- Experience with Asset Allocation products and related concepts
- Experience programming in MATLAB or R (preference for experience with both) and SQL; advanced knowledge of Excel, experience with risk analytics (e.g. MSCI/Barra, POINT)
- Client facing experience, delivering presentations and strong writing skills
- Completion of or progress towards CFA or comparable designation or a commitment to obtain the CFA charter in the future.
- A self-starter with excellent analytical skills and knowledge of Finance / Accounting and ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- BA/BS degree in Finance or related field, with strong credentials and relevant financial services work experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to excel in a dynamic and interactive team environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team.
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer