Portfolio Manager, Money Markets & Currency Trading
As a member of the Fixed Income Team, you will be responsible for adding value to our funds’ returns through trade execution, security selection, and interest rate anticipation. You will be part of a team that is responsible for executing currency and money market trades, assisting in managing Fixed Income collateral through active repo/funding activity, as well as, assisting in managing several portfolios that invest primarily in money market instruments, short-term bonds, floating rate notes and other short-term securities.
The successful incumbent will be able to source, research, evaluate, recommend and implement trade opportunities to increase investment returns. You will work with our investment, operations, fund management and treasury groups to ensure the liquidity and foreign exchange needs of our investment partners and pool participants are met.
The role involves money market investing, currency trading and supporting the development and implementation of solutions for managing a high-volume money market and currency trading desk operation.
Our Ideal Candidate
- University degree in Commerce, Finance, Mathematics or equivalent is required.
- Graduate degree and/or CFA designation is preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience trading Canadian dollar money market or fixed income securities along with portfolio management experience.
- Proficiency trading foreign exchange instruments preferably using electronic trading platforms and algorithms.
- Experience assessing, lending and borrowing fixed income collateral, and executing short term repo/funding for profit generation and/or collateral liquidity management.
- Experience analyzing, pricing and trading of interest rate and currency derivatives.
- Willing to consider candidates with less experience at an Associate Portfolio Manager or Senior Analyst level.
- Must be decisive and respond quickly to changing conditions, investment or currency trade opportunities, price quotations, and market intelligence to obtain best execution.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Broad knowledge of financial markets and instruments.
- Proficiency with various applications used in trading (Bloomberg, Calypso, Charles River, CanDeal, FXConnect, FXGO) is preferred.
- Able to communicate investment related concepts to diverse audiences.
Note: Final candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a credit bureau and a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to AIMCo.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
For investment highlights and company updates follow AIMCo on LinkedIn.
For more information and to apply, visit the careers section of AIMCo's website at: http://www.aimco.alberta.ca