Director Market Structure and Pricing
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com.
The Director will lead the development of CME Group’s pricing strategy, with a focus on promoting market structure health and advancing CME Group’s growth initiatives. The Director will be responsible for providing thought leadership, analytical insight and opportunity identification into market structure trends, client motives and behavior and potential pricing actions that help drive CME Group’s revenue growth.
- Track and synthesize industry and ecosystem competition and evolution, including shifts in technology, new business offerings, regulatory changes, changes in execution models and other overarching factors that may affect the Exchange’s revenue stream in the medium to long-term range in order to inform growth opportunities and pricing and incentive program design and application
- Oversee the long-term pricing road map, defining pricing principles and developing pricing strategies that promote asset class and product objectives
- Design, direct and execute analysis of market and client activity for diagnosing specific market issues and growth opportunities and for identifying, designing and assessing potential incentive programs to address the identified business problems and opportunities
- Lead development of incentive programs and other pricing initiatives at CME Group, reflecting broad industry shifts, product strategies, market conditions and customers
- Develop metrics to assess program performance and motivate participant behavior, and develop tools that track these metrics to measure incentive program success and the resulting impacts on market health
- Coordinate pricing initiatives across the Exchange, working with stakeholders in Financials, Commodities, Technology, Clearing, Legal, Market Reg, and Finance
- B.A. or B.S. required, preferably in Economics, Mathematics or Business
- 5-7+ years of work experience at an exchange, trading firm, or other financial services company; experience in product pricing, trading, derivatives, competitive market analysis, and strategy are pluses
- A deep understanding of markets and market ecosystems is preferred
- Excellent analytical skills and strategic vision are required in order to lead cross-department analysis and opportunity assessment and development
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to present complex ideas and market and pricing analysis in a simple and compelling manner to senior management and the ability to skillfully build and manage internal and external relationships
- Experience analyzing, summarizing and building business recommendations from large data sets leveraging data mining, statistical modeling tools (e.g., R) and underlying algorithms; an understanding of programming languages (Python, SQL) is a plus
- A positive attitude, a strong desire to learn, and a commitment to personal growth are required personal traits