Long/Short Equity Analyst - Sydney
- Australian/New Zealand Equity Research Focus
- Highly regarded global hedge fund
- Exceptional opportunity to move to the buy-side
- Working alongside a talented Portfolio Manager / analysis team.
- Assist development of business and strategic activities by providing insightful market analysis.
- Provide up to date weekly information updates.
- Work closely with commercial desk to identify potential trading opportunities.
- Assist with projects as required.
- Strong analytical problem solving and technical skills.
- Experience doing long/short equity analysis.
- Capability to see the big picture thinking and identify relevant and reliable information
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills (English essential) as you will be based in Australia and dealing with the region.
- Ability to work as part of a team and willingness to have an impact.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills, including ability to manage own workload.
- Ability to model and value a company;
- Advanced critical reasoning and ability to make judgement calls;
- Conduct company and industry research;
- Strong written skills - produce written reports and presentations;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills;
- Cultural fit and the ability to blend into a highly collegiate environment;
- Degree qualifications in a financial discipline with strong academic transcripts. CFA qualification highly regarded but not essential.
- Have a strong sense of the financial markets and be able to provide insightful analysis of potential investee companies
- 5-8+ years' experience in equity research (Australia/NZ markets) with strong contacts
- Able to develop own views on market and translate into commercial implications
- Be willing to be based in Sydney, Australia office
- Reporting to Head of Research/PM (based in Sydney)
This is an exceptional opportunity for a passionate and ambitious candidate looking to make their first move into a direct equity investing role with the added benefits of gaining greater diversity of knowledge within a multi-asset class fund and working for a dynamic, Sydney based hedge fund.
Candidates will likely to have gained five to ten years in investment banking, the advisory area of a 'Big 4' CA firm, management consulting, equity research or funds management.
All applicants must have full Australian/NZ working rights to be considered for this role.