Research Associate - Solutions
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $937B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of December 31, 2017)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The Solutions Research Associate is responsible for conducting quantitative analysis on investments of various assets classes and can convey this research to internal clients in a practical, concise manner. The Associate will focus on conducting and communication research for new custom client strategies to drive business development across the Invesco Solutions organization.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
* Perform analysis of investment strategies across all asset classes, geographies, and economic environment
* Works with portfolio management team to select investments that fall within investment objectives and fund restrictions for retail and institutional clients
* Design, construct, and test tactical and strategic allocation models under real-world constraints
* Research various topics including stock selection, macro forecasting and multi-asset allocation models.
* Recommend enhancements to procedures and tools that make data management and investment research more efficient.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
* A minimum of two years experience in the quantitative analysis of multiple asset classes in an asset allocation framework or educational equivalent.
* Experience researching strategic / tactical asset allocation at a reputable investment firm is a plus.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
* Ability to comprehend and apply quantitative investment methods in a simulation platform
* Deep understanding of accounting and financial principles, investment fundamentals, that form the basis of quantitative tools
* Limited programming skills and ability to understand how basic scripting works
* Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals and range of investment backgrounds
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Superior organization skills and proven ability to attend to details
* Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple different projects simultaneously
* Ability to concentrate on detailed information for up to 50 - 75% of the work time
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
* Graduate degree in a financial discipline or MBA is required. Some progress toward CFA designation is preferred.
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment. #LI-mt1