Alpha Capital Management is an investment advisory firm in Atlanta, GA. The firm was founded in 2006 by Brad Alford and is wholly owned by its employees. We have two complementary business lines, called “Consultant Search Services” (CSS) and “Investment Advisory Services” (IAS). CSS performs short-term projects for large institutions, specifically aimed at helping them vet and select outsourced CIO and traditional investment consulting firms. IAS forms long-term partnerships with registered investment advisors and brokers to provide investment advice and due diligence services. We are actively growing both business lines and looking to add a high energy, entrepreneurial analyst to our team.
This position reports directly to the firm’s Partners, and you will be working alongside another analyst. You must be able to work independently and create attractive, professional looking and correct analysis that is ready to go to the client. You will also have an active role in shaping the future of the firm. Our firm culture is to act with high integrity and to say what we mean. We are a tight-knit group with a constant interchange of ideas, willing to listen to new ideas and incorporate feedback. You will also have the ability to work on projects that interest you, even if they fall outside of typical analyst responsibilities (marketing, operations, intellectual capital development, you name it).
- Must be a self starter and problem solver who can work proficiently in an entrepreneurial environment. We cannot stress this enough – this is a role with a lot of autonomy. You must be able to manage time, perform error-free work, build professional looking presentations, and build business development skills without constant oversight and feedback from management
- Personal integrity and strong values. We take our responsibility to our clients very seriously, and we founded this firm to improve the outcome for the investor. This must align with your values
- Proactive attitude complemented by a high energy level and high attention to detail
- 2-5 years of analyst/consultant experience at investment consulting/OCIO firm or similar required
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or Business
- CFA preferred, some progress toward CFA required
- CIPM or interest in earning CIPM
- Strong quantitative background with solid understanding of statistical techniques
- Advanced skills in Powerpoint and Excel. You must be able to execute a project and make it look client-ready. Formatting and layout skills are paramount.
- Proficient with research databases including Pertrac and Morningstar
- Perform due diligence on investment managers: screen databases, meet with managers, review documents, perform quantitative analysis, and write reports
- Write quarterly market commentary and run performance reports on our IAS client portfolios and models. Meet with IAS clients to discuss investments
- Assist in every aspect of CSS projects: analyze consultants and OCIOs, develop materials, present to clients
- Present our firm’s services to prospective clients and participate in meetings with current CSS clients