Team Leader, Operations
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work. A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
We are seeking a Leader for our Canadian Operations Processing Department. Responsibility to include several of the following functions: Mutual Funds, Insurance, Equity and Fixed Income Trading, Securities, Transfers, GIC's, Reconciliation, Process Improvement and Risk/Control Management Other details:
* Full managerial responsibility for a team as many as 15 Associates (non-Leader roles). Accountable for performance, productivity, development, and engagement.
* Serves our Branches by ensuring timely, accurate processing, improvement initiatives, and exceptional client service on issues.
* Manages relationships with all internal and external stakeholders, the latter including product vendors, regulators, external auditors and industry organizations.
* Responsible for identifying, developing and improving processes for team and department. Focuses on improving efficiency and optimizing resources.
* Accountable for assessing risk, management of controls and results in internal and external Audits.
* Manages through Key Performance Indicators that are aligned and supportive of the division and firm's strategies and objectives. Successful in balancing competing objectives.
* Assists in developing and setting the strategy for the department to meet the objectives of the division and the firm.
* Interprets and applies, where appropriate, industry announcements and changes to existing, internal systems and processes.
* Independently takes on multiple complex assignments and projects on behalf of the department and sees them through to completion, while continuing to manage daily responsibilities and service levels.
* University degree or equivalent experience required. Concentration in business, accounting, finance or management preferred.
* Must be highly skilled in developing and applying strategy, service, communication, process improvement and risk management.
* Experienced in the Financial Services industry (5 or more years). Operations experience preferred.
* Experienced in leading people (2 or more years) and/or demonstrated proficiency of increasingly complex responsibilities.
* CSC and CPH are required to be completed within 12 months of start date, Canada-LLQP within 18 months.