Principal Global Listed Infrastructure Equity Analyst / Sr. Equity Analyst
Principal Global Listed Infrastructure Equity Analyst/Sr. Equity Analyst
At Principal®, every role supports a greater purpose— to help people live their best lives. And after more than 130 years, we’ve never had a more vibrant and dynamic global team united in our purpose. Through community involvement, innovative financial solutions and dedication to career development, we make a difference in millions of lives every day, including our employees’.
Principal is looking to hire an Equity Analyst and an Sr. Equity Analyst to support its Global Listed Infrastructure (public equity) investment strategy. The Listed Infrastructure team will sit alongside Principal’s award-winning real estate securities team as the firm seeks to broaden its real asset capabilities.
The primary role will be to perform in depth, bottom-up fundamental research on an assigned coverage universe and to make investment recommendations to the portfolio management team in a clear and convincing manner. The analyst will be responsible for the initial development of company valuation models and will have the opportunity to contribute to other facets of the team’s investment process and strategy development as needed.
Preference will be given to candidates with a track record of adding value to an investment process through fundamental research and security selection, ideally within the global listed infrastructure universe. Given the nature of the role, successful candidates will also exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit and have a history of working collaboratively within an investment team environment.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA and/or CFA strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of public equity experience on either the buy-side or sell-side, with a strong preference for prior experience with utilities, transportation infrastructure, oil & gas pipelines (MLPs), and/or telecommunications infrastructure, either domestically or globally. Other relevant sector experience will also be considered.
- MBA or equivalent required with a finance emphasis and a preference for CFA charterholders.
- Minimum of 6 years of equity analysis experience required, with sector exposure as described above strongly preferred.
- Prior experience mentoring and coaching less experienced analysts a plus.
Additional skills needed:
- Possess a clear passion for investing.
- Exceptional financial statement analysis and accounting knowledge as well as demonstrated understanding of economics and investment theories.
- Advanced financial modeling experience and Microsoft Excel proficiency.
- Strong business acumen, analytical spirit, and superior judgment.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently and with others.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Travel as needed and required.
This position may be subject to SEC restrictions on personal political contributions.
Benefits designed with you in mind.
Because each employee is unique, our benefit packages give you lots of choices. We offer comprehensive benefits that helps contribute to the healthy, fulfilling life and gratifying work experience you deserve, at an affordable cost.
Not an exact match for this role?
We’ve got a lot of opportunities, so check out some of the others. And creating an email alert on our career site will help you keep you connected and informed of opportunities you’re interested in with a just a few clicks!
At this time, we're not able to consider candidates who would need sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.) However, we’d hope you continue to keep us in mind for other potential opportunities in the future.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Investment Code of Ethics
For positions with Principal Global Investors, you will be required to comply with a Code of Ethics which covers a number of obligations related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.