Associate, Institutional Equity Sales
The Associate will sit on the trading desk and be responsible for assisting in sales, trading and back office functions. In this role, you will work in Singapore, reporting to the Director, Institutional Equities, based in Hong Kong. Your goals:
- Support senior salesperson sales efforts which may include preparation of investment ideas and presentation materials, organization of roadshows/meetings, and general duties as assigned.
- Contribute in the building of institutional equity relationships with fundamental, hedge, private equity and sovereign wealth funds in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Coordinate and host Canadian corporates for institutional marketing roadshows across Asia-Pacific - this may require travel from time to time.
- Assist in providing institutional investors with the most comprehensive understanding of the Canadian equity market, with a clear focus on Canada's strengths (energy, mining, financials) via:
- Best-in-class TD equity research
- Leading Canadian corporate CEO introductions
- Leading TD equity analyst introductions
- Hosting Canadian teach-ins & conferences
- Providing Canadian political access & insight
- Access to TD Securities' top equity trading liquidity
- Promoting the stability of TD Bank's business platform
- Being fully informed on market data, economic information and key industry developments as well as regulatory standards at all times.
- Demonstrate governance, control and risk management behavior in alignment with TD policies and practices.
- 2-3 years minimum career experience in corporate finance, M&A, merchant banking, securities law or equity research with a transaction oriented focus.
- An exceptional work ethic with the ability to work independently, take initiative and deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior quantitative, financial analysis and valuation skills that extend across industries.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, with the ability to present a clear view.
- A strong orientation towards collaboration and teamwork.
- A passion for the stock market.
- Flexibility to work across multiple jurisdictions and time zones.
- Languages: Japanese would be an asset.
- Must be able to obtain the relevant Singapore regulatory registrations within 60 days of employment
- Undergraduate or graduate degrees with a focus on business, finance, law, mathematics or other quantitative fields.
- Enhanced knowledge of the energy, mining and financial sectors a strong asset.
- CFA considered a strong asset.