Investment Portfolio Manager
Job title: Investment Portfolio Manager
Level/Salary Range: 11-12
Department/Group: Baker Boyer Asset Management
About Baker Boyer:
Baker Boyer is the oldest independently owned community bank in the state of Washington. We are trusted financial advisors, serving the Walla Walla valley, Kennewick and Yakima communities, providing wealth management as well as personal and business banking services.
About DS Baker Advisors:
This position is part of DS Baker Advisors, a team of specialists whose goal is to provide comprehensive financial services for all business and high net worth individual clients traversing their wealth journey. DS Baker Advisors takes a client centered approach in meeting their diverse, individualized, and often transforming needs. Should a multi-faceted financial relationship develop, DS Baker Advisors work together to meet the personal, business, investment, planning and legacy goals of the client.
About the Investment Portfolio Manager Role:
As a member of the DS Baker Advisors team, the primary role of the Investment Portfolio Manager is the investment responsibility for assigned client accounts—including asset allocation and security purchases. The Investment Portfolio Manager uses a structured approach to selection and retention of investments, while working closely with Trust and Financial Advisors to set portfolio goals. Due diligence is performed by the Investment Portfolio Manager through discussions with fund managers, client specialists, brokers, and other investment professionals with which the bank works closely. The Investment Portfolio Manager works closely with the Asset Management Division Manager as well as the Chief Investment Officer to provide leadership to the investment group while also pursuing new business opportunities alongside other officers as needed.
- Provides professional portfolio management of individual accounts including considerations for client’s financial planning scenarios
- Makes presentations on investments and trust services to large and small civic and non-profit groups as well as a semi-annual client event
- Supports Chief Investment Officer in due diligence efforts, portfolio management decisions, investment committee preparation and publishing
- Participates in new business development activities in teams or individually
- Accompanies Trust Advisors on client calls
- Performs trade executions with brokers
- Interprets analysis on individual securities and recommends retention, purchase or sale
- Reviews all cash positions, balances accounts as required, acquires and maintains knowledge of specialized investment software and internet research tools commonly used by the investment group
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated leadership proficiency and ability to motivate and work with a client-centered team
- Has detailed knowledge of:
- Portfolio management
- Financial security analysis
- Economic theory and its applications
- Corporate finance
- Stock and market valuation considerations
- Investment theory
- Performance measurement
- Ability to make large dollar decisions quickly and be responsible for the results
- Strong computer literacy, including Microsoft Office. Demonstrated ability to efficiently learn new programs and to proficiently use and interpret data provided by software tools
- Demonstrated superior customer care and client retention skills
- Proactive to build and maintain positive relationships internally and cross-departmentally
- Ability to facilitate effective team decision making, relying on team members’ expertise, knowledge, and relationship with the client
- Ability to ensure all team resources are aligned with clients’ overall needs
- Demonstrated excellent time management and organizational skills
- Able to lead by example, with approach to work and client interactions
- Aptitude to exemplify professionalism both in appearance and attitude
- Valid Driver's License
- Prudent- Self-motivated to take a common sense approach to doing what is right for relationships and long term outcomes, not short term gains
- Authoritative- You are knowledgeable and trustworthy—others are eager to come to you with referrals or to ask for advice/counsel
- Relatable- You care deeply about the client and our internal relationships, and are present and accessible in the areas we serve (Walla Walla, Tri-Cities and Yakima)
- Empowering- Your approach to coaching and advice to both clients and peers is proactive, inclusive and transparent. You are open and motivated to build upon your skills and share your knowledge with others
- Counselor approach- You take a professional, consultative approach with your clients and teams. You first seek to listen, understand and then act, always putting the client or team before the individual or ego
Education and Experience:
Graduation from a four-year college or university, preferably with a degree in finance, accounting, business or related field. Four to six years’ experience with investments in banking or finance environment. Experience and expertise to include knowledge in one or more areas of Asset Management, or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge and abilities to do the job. Preference of CFP or CFA designations.
Physical Demands/Conditions Requirements:
The job tasks and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made as appropriate to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, write, type, speak, & listen. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Ability to sit at desk and work on computer.
Occasional travel or overnight travel to training events, client locations, accountant or attorney's office or other bank locations.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Baker Boyer believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. This position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit our employees nor the organization to adjust the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the company.
Baker Boyer is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
More searches like this
- Brokerage Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Economics Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Multimanager Strategies Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Relationship Management Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors