EM Equity Buy Side Analyst
Are you passionate about emerging markets? Do you have direct experience in analyzing companies in Latin America and Emerging Europe, Middle East and Africa and have a profound understanding of the macro-economic and Are you passionate about emerging markets? Do you have experience in analyzing consumer companies in Emerging Markets? Do you have a profound understanding of modelling financial statements of listed companies and understand the macro-economic and political environment in Eastern Europe, Africa and Latin America? We are looking to add an equity buy side analyst to the Emerging Markets equities team in Zurich. Idea generation based on fundamental company analysis driven by on the ground research is a key of part of this role, and a candidate that can supplement the fundamental research with new quantitative approaches will be preferred.
In this role, you will:
• build proprietary financial models (P&L, BS and CF statement) of companies mainly listed in Eastern Europe, Africa and Latin America
• support your analysis by on the ground research in the main markets
• conduct fundamental research and cover companies mainly in the following sectors: consumer goods, health care, education and industrials.
• conduct regular in-depth meetings with company management teams
• actively contribute to our Emerging Market equity funds stock selection
You’ll be working in the EM equity team in Zurich where we manage a range of Global Emerging Market equity funds and conduct the research for companies in Eastern Europe, Africa and Latin America. The international team consists of 6 investment professionals embedded into a much larger Global EM equities team. Your working environment is geared towards performance, attractive career opportunities and an open corporate culture that values and rewards the contribution of every individual.
• a university degree ideally with a post-graduate qualification, [IMC/CFA/CIIA]
• at least 5 years of investment experience as a research analyst covering Latin America and/or in Eastern Europe and Africa in the consumer space
• a solid understanding of financial modeling, business models, industry dynamics, competitive and financial statement analysis
• the highest level of integrity and professionalism
• passionate about long term investing and fundamental analysis in Emerging Markets
• keen to take responsibility for your recommendations, to initiative and suggest new ideas which are often non consensus
• fluent in English, Portuguese speaking candidates strongly preferred
• have a thorough understanding of Emerging Markets economies
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
More searches like this
- Banking Investment Bank CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Brokerage Investment Bank CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Corporate Finance Investment Bank CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Economics Investment Bank CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Buy Side Investment Bank CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors