Senior Investment Professional
Core requirement is for the role to manage the listed equity portfolio, which invests on a global basis via ETF's, external fund managers and futures/options. Candidates with prior experience of managing other asset classes (in addition to listed equity), particularly fixed income would have a significant advantage;
- Generate outperformance in the Portfolio versus its benchmark while respecting risk limits and risk tolerance;
- Challenge and evolve the investment strategy and style, maintain a high level of understanding of financial markets and keep up to date with developments in investment practice;
- Manage and oversee the process of Research, Sourcing, Evaluation, Selection and Due Diligence on investment ideas and funds;
- Continuously monitor the portfolio performance, exposures and risks;
- Idea generation and calculated risk taking via in-depth research and due diligence;
- Manage, Motivate and Oversee the shared resources of the Investment Team;
- Provide support to the CEO with overall portfolio asset allocation research, analysis and decisions; Ensure mutual understanding of overall portfolio Risks and implications, and recommend necessary actions or changes to strategy; and
- Proactively contribute to the overall excellent functioning of the company.
The company is based in Dubai.
- Minimum 10 years of being the key decision maker for a portfolio;
- Preferably global experience, but as a minimum must have dealt with multiple jurisdictions and currencies;
- Track record of positive alpha;
- Strategic thinker with a structured approach to portfolio management, capable of assessing the macro environment as well as the fundamentals of a security;
- Degree educated, preferably with a CFA or similar qualification. Should have a good grasp of the quantitative/statistical elements of finance;
- Intellectual curiosity and professional inquisitiveness; and
- Energy and passion for investing.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we will consider only applications that include resumes/cover letters that include your current salary.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.