High Yield Research, Senior Analyst - Energy & Utilities - VP
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Research
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18072876
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi High Yield Research is searching for a Senior Analyst who covers the Energy & Utilities sectors within leveraged credit markets (high yield, Leveraged Loans and CDS). The candidate should have prior experience covering these areas, which should include leading a team and having strong marketing and communication skills. The Analyst will be expected to:
• Conduct analysis
• Make Investment Recommendations
• Interact with Institutional Clients
• Arrange company visits and regular management contact for investing clients and due diligence purposes
• Attend industry conferences and speak to industry contacts
• Track company events and earnings
• Develop financial models and valuation techniques
• Establish yourself as an expert
• A minimum of 6-8 years of relevant experience
• Bachelor Degree required and MBA or CFA
• Distill research into an investable thesis and write report/note
• Market ideas to internal constituents and clients via phone calls and client marketing trips
• Help facilitate direct corporate access for investors
• Must have previous experience as a sell side analyst or senior associate covering the sectors.