Senior Infrastructure Analyst - Asset Mgmt
The Senior Infrastructure Analyst will actively contribute to securing new infrastructure investment deals in the region, monitoring positions already in the portfolio and implementing various strategic projects internally.
- Champion financial modeling and otherwise assist in evaluating potential investments (strategy, structure, investment costs).
- Coordinate due diligence workstreams with external advisers, typically including accounting and tax, commercial, legal, technical and environmental due diligence, as well as reviews of potential partners and external managers.
- Assist in preparation of proposals and presentations for the investment committee as well as for other internal and external audiences.
- Contribute to originating new investment ideas (leveraging off public analysts, networking, industry publications).
- Assist in monitoring current investments (read quarterly reports, meet periodically with management, assist in preparation of investment management reviews).
- In partnership with back- and mid-office, facilitate generation of complete and up-to-date reporting on the existing investments, which includes tracking asset performance, risk profiles, investment costs etc.
- Attend conferences to expand knowledge of market environment and products as well as to network within industry.
- Fulfill any obligations under the Investment Process and Investment Management Process.
- Contribute to the on-going portfolio construction research with a view of updating capital allocation targets (top-down) and proactively identifying relevant market trends and developments (bottom-up);
- Exchange ideas and facilitate best investment practices infrastructure colleagues.
The Senior Infrastructure Analyst will have a clear understanding of private infrastructure equity as an asset class and/or of infrastructure project finance and will have associate-level experience in the Mergers & Acquisitions environment and / or asset management industry. The successful candidate will have the following experience and attributes:
- At least 2 - 4+ years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrable affinity with the various investment management workstreams, with particular focus on financial modeling and coordinating due diligence.
- Generalist mindset with strong analytical skills and ability to act in an entrepreneurial setting decisively, yet in a disciplined manner.
- Degree in economics or business studies. MBA and/or CFA would be an asset (not required).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.