Operational Due Diligence Analyst
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-profile consultancy firm in the alternative investments industry within the Operational Due Diligence (ODD) team in Hong Kong. Working on behalf of institutional investors, Albourne’s ODD Team is responsible for conducting operational risk analysis on a range of alternative investment products, focusing particularly on hedge fund and private market investment structures. We are currently looking to add an ODD Analyst to support the preparation of research reports on funds in the Asia Pacific region.
Overall of the Role:
- To analyse, review and monitor alternative fund operational processes and risks. Analysis is delivered through written research reports which can be accessed directly by our clients.
- To contribute to the development of Albourne’s operational due diligence services as well as future new initiatives
- Evaluate assigned alternative investment fund managers in the Asian region, primarily in hedge fund strategies although there is an expectation to expand coverage into private markets over time. Particular focus would include an analysis of operational risk and internal controls, examine documentation, review of staff and structure and inspect information systems.
- On-going monitoring of assigned funds (within assigned strategy) and updating written reports to reflect changes to the operations for those funds.
- Prepare clear, accurate, concise reports and recommendations to clients, in line with client and management deadlines.
- Liaise with clients and fund managers with respect to operational due diligence inquiries.
- Develop and implement company “best practices” with respect to operational due diligence. Staying current on industry standards and helping to facilitate knowledge transfer within the ODD group and company.
- Support business development activities
- Participation in project work to support the due diligence process and broader company initiatives.
- Act as an ambassador for Albourne at industry events.
- Ensure information within internal database is kept up to date and current
- Active idea contribution for client newsletter (UC&O) and internal wiki (AU). Production of white paper research for distribution to clients within UC&O.
- Mentoring ODD Support Analysts in Albourne’s ODD process
- Report potential conflicts to compliance and work with compliance to ensure that conflict disclosures appear on research reports
- University graduate or equivalent
- 3+ years relevant prior work experience, with knowledge or experience of hedge fund operations/fund administration/prime brokerage/audit/legal/compliance/technology
- Strong written communication skills
- Possession of or advanced progression towards relevant professional qualifications (CFA, CAIA, CPA)
- Proactive self-starter, proficient time management and multi-tasking
- Professional demeanour and strong interpersonal skills.
- Systems literacy (excel, ppt, word, Outlook)
- Travel (frequent)
- Comply with terms of Albourne Compliance Manuals
- Attend company Offsites
- Will be required to pass SFC regulatory examination to become a Licensed Representative in Hong Kong
- Professional development support
- 22 days’ annual leave
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Private medical and dental insurance
- Business travel insurance
More searches like this
- Hedge Funds Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Operations Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Risk Management Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors