At Parametric, we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and opportunities for growth and development. We invite you to explore our available job opportunities listed below and look forward to having you become a part of our continued success!
This position will manage, coordinate, and direct the daily operations of a reconciliation team, typically consisting of 4-7 staff. This position requires a hands-on supervisor with the ability to manage multiple deadlines, provide excellent customer service, and motivate staff.
The person in this role must feel comfortable with completing or demonstrating best practices in work at all times. This is a data intensive role requiring review of holdings and cash reconciliation with accounts that could hold 70+ different currencies to ensure that processes are completed accurately and that breaks are resolved timely.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and supervisory skills and an extensive knowledge of client portfolio accounting/reconciliation and other back office operations processes.
- Thorough understanding of end-to-end processes of the reconciliation team; ability to respond to questions and complete daily processes when necessary to support the team.
- Understanding of foreign markets and multi-currency accounting/reconciliation processes including potential risks associated with the various markets.
- Ensures that client reporting and audits are completed accurately and timely.
- Daily review of accounts to ensure accurate and complete reconciliation for holdings and cash positions.
- Act as escalation contact for all reconciliation breaks to ensure the firm is not at risk; understanding of when to escalate to manager or director.
- Maintains an excellent knowledge of finance and accounting principles, practices, and controls.
- Ensures that the department is adequately staffed on a day-to-day basis, and that all employees are trained, and cross-trained as needed.
- Responsible for implementing processes as appropriate to support firm-wide initiatives.
- Must be comfortable with working with large datasets in MS Excel. Must be able to manage and organize datasets of 100,000+ rows of data. Must be an expert at basic Excel functionality.
- Reviews and recommends new methods and procedures to make daily operations in the department more efficient/effective.
- Responsible for ensuring that emails and inquiries are responded to accurately and timely
- Performs wide array of developmental functions, including interviewing, performance appraisals, development planning, and corrective action/termination.
- Manages and identifies challenge areas and executes plans for improvement.
- Resolves issues quickly with a sense of urgency.
- Must be able to prioritize initiatives and staff workloads during times of peak activity.
- Must thrive in managing multiple projects, deadlines, client inquiries, etc. in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to delegate or allocate workloads appropriately across the team.
- Ensure that written procedures remain up-to-date on all team processes.
- Bachelor’s (4 year) degree with concentration in finance or accounting preferred.
- 3-5 years previous experience in the financial services industry.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience preferred.
- Well organized, self-starter with the ability to analyze information and support the staff.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Advent APX, Bloomberg and SS&C Recon experience a plus.
- Must communicate well with all levels of staff and management, both internal and external.
- Must be proficient in MS Outlook and handle large volumes of email correspondence.
- Ability to function successfully in ambiguous conditions.
- Prior experience with broker/dealer and institutional account opening, management and inner workings a plus.
- Proven experience as a leader.