Real Estate Security Analyst
At Principal®, every role supports a greater purpose— to help people live their best lives. And after more than 130 years, we’ve never had a more vibrant and dynamic global team united in our purpose. Through community involvement, innovative financial solutions and dedication to career development, we make a difference in millions of lives every day, including our employees’.
Real Estate Securities Analyst
Principal’s award-winning real estate securities team (public equity) is looking to hire an analyst to contribute to the delivery of consistent, peer-leading investment performance. The primary role will be to perform in depth, bottom-up fundamental research on an assigned coverage universe and to make investment recommendations to the portfolio management team in a clear and convincing manner. The analyst will be responsible for following existing holdings as well as independently generating new ideas.
Principal’s Global Real Estate Securities strategy was named by Lipper as the top real estate securities fund for the trailing five years in 2013, 2014, and 2015 and the top fund over the trailing ten-year period for 2018. The team’s domestic and global funds have also received 5-star ratings from Morningstar.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA and/or CFA strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of public equity experience on either the buy-side or sell-side ideally in real estate, leisure/hospitality, and/or financials although alternative relevant sector experience also considered.
- Possess a clear passion for markets and investing.
- Exceptional financial statement analysis and accounting knowledge as well as demonstrated understanding of economics and investment theories.
- Advanced financial modeling experience and Microsoft Excel proficiency.
- Strong business acumen, analytical spirit, superior judgment, and a total rate of return mentality.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently and with others.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Travel as needed and required.
This position may be subject to SEC restrictions on personal political contributions.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.