Credit Analyst, Non-Bank Financial Institutions
3 days left
Credit Analyst, Non-Bank Financial Institutions, Sri Lanka (21476)
To apply, please visit:
Team and Role Overview:
The Sri Lanka NBFI team covers finance and leasing companies as their primary market sector. They develop in-depth knowledge of the Fitch-rated companies and general credit trends, and also produce high-quality research and ratings reports.
This role will support the development of Fitch’s franchise in the region by increasing the breadth and depth of NBFI credit research with a primary focus on the local market.
- Undertake, as a Primary or Secondary Analyst, credit ratings on new transactions as well as monitoring on existing ratings
- Conduct regular Issuer/Sector/Market research for the purpose of analysis, compile of rating reports and committee packages
- Participate in internal discussions on sector-wide credit issues that could lead to publication of research reports.
- Publish sector-specific research (including issuer reports, special sector reports, presentations)
- Maintain files in accordance with internal policies in relation to meetings, committee documentation and external correspondence
- Assist senior analysts in external outreach (including analytical meetings, investor & banker meetings) or take responsibility for same
- Actively participate in rating committees, offering your opinion and insight and other internal analytical discussions
- Financial data entry and maintain up-to-date databases/systems
- Closely follow market developments surrounding rated transactions and their sectors, assessing the potential impact on the transaction and maintaining contact with related parties.
- Ad hoc tasks
Qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant credit experience working in another credit rating agency, bank/investment bank, regulator, investment manager (or similar institution) or consultancy/accounting firm is essential
- Bachelor’s Degree with a specialty in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Maths or Statistical Sciences is required
- Proficiency in use of Excel/Word/PowerPoint
- Ability to analyse NBFIs in depth for the purpose of assigning credit ratings, strong understanding of macro financial system risks
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Resourcefulness in terms of managing challenges associated with data collection and analysis;
- Confident and articulate in communicating with internal/external constituents (including investors, bankers, regulators and media), with strong business English writing skills and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable inquisitive, broad-minded and forward-thinking analytical nature, with international perspectives in relation to credit matters
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Able to work independently yet contribute to team objectives
We are not seeking assistance from recruiters at this time.
To apply, please submit a short cover letter stating your suitability for the role plus details of any valid visa that you hold and your up-to-date CV. Please also enter your current and desired gross annual salary and notice period in the applicable spaces when completing your application but do not include them in your CV. We regret we are only able to respond to successful applicants.