Associate - Real Estate Equity & Debt Investment
The business is seeking an Associate level candidate for European & UK Underwriting. The candidate will support the business in assessing suitability, evaluating and closing Real Estate Debt Investment and Non-Performing Loan as well as other investment opportunities across Europe and the UK with focus on commercial real estate (and certain alternative sectors). The candidate will support the origination of deals and the execution of due diligence, and to present a solid and rational pricing recommendation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Participation in and co-ordination of due diligence and acquisition process, including assessment of real estate valuation, credit analysis of borrowers and managing corporate, financial, legal and tax due diligence
- Conduct and oversee complex analysis and assessment with focus on quantitative and fundamental aspects of private debt related investments including loan of various capital stacks, syndication and structured products.
- Extensive modelling, research, analysis and valuation in Europe and the UK of loan and real estate investments
- Prepare presentation for individual investment committees if required
- Co-ordinate with the legal team for the closing of the transaction and support future asset management or loan servicer if applicable.
- Manage internal/external resources and counterparties relating to origination, deal flow, transactions, market research& intelligence, underwriting, documentation and closing
Candidate's experience and ability:
- Experience in financial institution or private equity fund in the field of real estate, debt investments, private equity/M&A
- Strong academic background in the field of real estate, finance, distressed debt, leveraged finance or similar fields with post-graduate qualifications (or CFA certs)
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills, including ability to build and run financial models
- Fluent English, additional European languages preferred but not essential