Senior Portfolio Manager
Prime Advisors, Inc. is seeking Senior Portfolio Manager to work in its Redmond, WA office. This position will be a key member of the Investment team, responsible for developing and implementing the firm’s investment strategy, and communicating it to our clients, who are primarily P&C Insurance companies. The successful candidate will combine expert knowledge of investments in the fixed income market with exceptional internal and external communication skills.
Prime Advisors, Inc. (a standalone subsidiary under the Sun Life Financial umbrella) manages investment portfolios primarily for institutional insurance clients. Founded in 1988, Prime has developed a disciplined approach to working with our clients to establish investment strategies that are linked to their unique financial goals and objectives. Prime offers a dynamic open trade desk environment, which fosters collaboration and teamwork across functional groups.
- The primary responsibility for this role is creating and delivering investment alpha. This includes but is not limited to; formulating and debating investment views, setting client specific investment strategies based on the guidance of the CIO, utilizing reports and monitoring systems to accurately manage market and portfolio risks, explaining performance attribution, responding to RFPs, and presenting to clients and prospects.
- Present, discuss, and evaluate investment ideas, recommendations, and opinions on all sectors of the investment grade fixed income market as a member of a collaborative team.
- Conduct research and analysis on a wide variety of strategic investment topics and handle ad hoc projects, analyses, presentations, white papers, and reports.
- Collaborate with Research and Trading teams to drive strong investment performance across all asset classes.
- Communicate effectively across the organization to develop and maintain close relationships with insurance strategists, client relationship managers, the risk and reporting group, and the accounting group.
- Deep understanding of the fixed income investment process and products, gained from experience managing investment grade portfolios.
- Familiarity with the investment objectives of insurance companies preferred but not required
- Self-motivated and self-directed, effectively manage and coordinate multiple projects and tasks under strict deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of the need for precision.
- Exceptional communication skills, both orally and in writing. Comfort presenting to a diverse group of client types
- A collaborative work style and positive attitude
- Undergraduate degree, with MBA and/or CFA designation preferred
- 10-15+ years of investment experience, with a preference for fixed income expertise
- Position requires the ability to travel up to 20% for client/prospect presentations
- Ability to pass a background check
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Must be able to respond negatively to a Disciplinary History Questionnaire as required by securities regulations
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Prime offers an industry leading benefits package that includes the following
- 100% coverage of health care coverage premiums for employees, and 70% for the premiums of any dependents.
- Generous 401(k) matching contributions of employee salary deferrals
- Eligibility to participate in the company bonus plans
- 20 days of vacation per year
Hours: 5:30 AM to 3:00 PM Pacific Standard Time for Redmond Office