The Office Coordinator for CFA Society Calgary (a not-for-profit association located in Calgary, Alberta) is responsible for supporting the work of the staff of the association and providing logistical support to the Board of Directors and Committees of the association. The mission of CFA Society Calgary is to lead the investment profession in Calgary and surrounding area by promoting the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct, by providing high quality educational opportunities for current and future members, and by establishing a strong sense of community and shared values for the ultimate benefit of Calgary and our profession. This position will be responsible for supporting the Executive Director in his or her day-to-day tasks; and supports the Events Team as needed; and for providing support on implementation of projects associated with the strategic objectives of the organization. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Support for CFA Society Calgary events such as registration, name badges, set-up, etc.
- Assist in maintain websites and social media platforms where applicable
- Provide accurate Word, Excel and Power Point support by composing and/or editing a variety of documents, spreadsheets and presentations. This includes data entry, minutes, memoranda, proposals, spreadsheets and presentations
- Develop and maintain a well-organized filing system that permits easy reference and rapid retrieval of information
- Assist with organizing meetings and/or special events including arranging for catering, locations and distribution of information
- Act as main point of contact for general information and reception
- Create and maintain templates for forms, letters, tracking spreadsheets, etc.
- Processing invoices, receipts, expenses
- Liaise with volunteers and external advisors where applicable
- Arrange travel, hotel, car reservations and prepare itinerary for the senior staff and committees
- Assist, coordinate, and facilitate completion of other special projects as requested
- Coordinate office services such as ordering office supplies, couriers, building maintenance, etc.
- 1-3 years administrative experience, preferably in non-profit organization or professional association
- Events experience an asset;
- Fluency in English required;
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to handle changing priorities, work under pressure and complete tasks with minimum direct supervision
- Experience managing confidential information
- Experience in and/or a preference for working in a small office environment
- Service oriented approach internally and externally
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and listening
- Above average skills in writing and copy editing for promotional material, reports, letters, and general announcements
- Experience with social media campaigns and channels
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and intermediate skills in MS Office and Website Content Management Software
- Must demonstrate good judgment and mature business skills with the ability to establish strong rapport with a variety of senior stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry is considered an asset