Hindi Speaking PE Investment Associate - Hong Kong
As an Analyst / Associate, you will play a key role in supporting every step of the investment cycle. From analyzing potential investment opportunities, executing transactions, working with existing portfolio companies to craft strategy and implement value-enhancing initiatives, and evaluating exit strategies.
If you are an excellent teammate, you are highly motivated, and you have a desire to travel while working on multiple projects in a transaction-based environment - this is the job for you.
Who you'll work with
You will be joining our Hong Kong office, where you will work in a dynamic team-based environment.
Our team in Hong Kong invests in both public and private equity opportunities across the Asia-Pacific region.
The focus for public investing is privately negotiated investments in public or pre-IPO companies on a primary or secondary basis.
Our private equity strategy pursues lead, co-lead or minority investments and makes investments in top-tier funds.
The role may also support other asset class activities and include working with our other global teams.
Our client has been investing in the Asia-Pacific region since 1991. The Hong Kong office was opened in 2013 to establish a dedicated, on-the-ground presence that provides greater access to opportunity and enables us to build even stronger relationships with key players in business and finance. Our client had approximately $13 billion invested across the region at the end of 2017.
What you'll do
- Build and employ financial modeling tools to analyze investment opportunities;
- Assist in the due diligence process and incorporate the findings into a financial model;
- Identify key value drivers and financial risks and perform related sensitivity and scenario analysis;
- Work closely with fund partners, external advisors, consultants and partners to assess risks and submit bids under tight timelines;
- Prepare presentations, reports, and investment recommendations to senior management and, where applicable, the company board;
- Review and analyze financial reports, budgets, board books and other information prepared by management of our portfolio companies;
- Work with portfolio company management to maintain financial models that are used to analyze strategic issues and value the company;
- Support internal strategic project initiatives, and;
- Support the preparation of internal mid-year and annual valuations
What you'll need
- 2-4 years related work experience, ideally in private equity, investment banking, or consulting
- Strong educational background; CFA, CBA or CA designation an asset
- Very strong analytical and quantitative skills and solid understanding of fundamental investment analysis
- Ability to quickly develop an understanding of economic/business characteristics, conditions and trends of a wide range of industries
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Willing / able to travel across Asia and Internationally
- Fluency in English and Hindi is required.
- Our client are keen to explore profiles based in London/Europe who would be interested in relocating to Hong Kong.