As senior members of the investment communications team, portfolio specialists work closely with the investment team (analysts and portfolio managers) to understand all aspects of our investment activities and to explain them clearly, in person and through written communications, to various external and internal audiences, including institutional clients, fund shareholders, consultants, prospects, the media and our client management and business development teams.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attain a comprehensive understanding of Harding Loevner’s investment philosophy and process, including a working knowledge of the tools employed by analysts and portfolio managers, such as research databases, company earnings and valuation models, portfolio risk models, and performance attribution models.
- Attain a high level of fundamental understanding of portfolio structure, holdings and transactions (and rationale therefore) across the firm’s investment strategies.
- Perform thoughtful analyses of portfolio performance, positioning, and risks of the firm’s investment strategies. Apply a working knowledge of equity market behavior and trends to provide context for portfolio positioning and results.
- Prepare investment strategies updates for presentation to internal and external audiences, including clients, consultants and prospects, by portfolio managers, client management, and business development colleagues.
- Present (in lieu of a portfolio manager) investment strategy updates to internal and external audiences.
- Develop and deliver topical and thematic presentations at industry and client conferences and forums.
- Prepare responses to investment queries received by client management, RFP, or business development teams.
- Assist in writing and editing of narratives (and supporting data analysis, where applicable) for client-directed publications including monthly and quarterly investment reports, and special topical reports.
- Undertake frequent travel.
- Ten or more years of experience in investment decision making and investment communication including fundamental equity research experience
- CFA charterholder
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage projects across functional areas
- Proficiency with FactSet and Bloomberg
- Familiarity with Axioma, Holt, and SharePoint preferred