Financial Modeling Manager
BASIC FUNCTION: Develop and maintain financial models and structured investments
REPORTS TO: Vice President Fund Management
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain financial models for funds of various product offerings including a mixture of debt, equity, and tax incentives
- Communicate and explain complex financial structures to diverse stakeholders, including existing and prospective clients, investors, lenders, and internal staff
- Implement risk waterfall analysis and stress testing metrics
- Comprehend specific programmatic compliance rules to tax incentive programs and assist in model build-out of compliance tracking systems, when necessary
- Interpret data from financial models to assist in directing fund accountants and fund managers in decision making and planning
- Conduct research and improve modeling efficiencies and interface with other technology platforms, when necessary. This may include engaging and managing outside vendors or accounting firms
- Apply knowledge of both GAAP and tax accounting, when applicable
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis, reporting, due diligence, and work as assigned
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum 4-6 years of financial modeling experience and strong understanding of investing and lending processes.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in finance, accounting, economics, or related field.
- Strong analytical skills and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Highly organized with the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- In-depth understanding of three-statement financial models, tax returns and third-party audits.
- Structured finance and/or public-private investing experience preferred.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a dynamic team environment.
- Self-motivated and driven with the willingness to take on a leadership role as NMSC expands.