Senior Audit Manager Markets
- Primary Location: Australia,New South Wales,Sydney
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18069407
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries.
The Senior Audit Manager directs the timely delivery of high quality; value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates, and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
This role will be based in Sydney and will organizationally reside in the IA Australia Markets and regional IA Markets teams, reporting to the reporting into the Institutional Clients Group (ICG) Markets G10 Rates Audit Director, C15 based in New York, USA . The role will be responsible for leading the audit coverage of the Australia and New Zealand G10 Rates Markets business as well as regional and global support. In addition to auditing Markets business activity the requirement includes review of key independent support functions, such as Operations and Technology. Further, the role will include the provision of ad-hoc support to the Head of Audit for Australia via presence at governance forum's and engagement with Senior Markets stakeholders, especially in the absence of the Head of Audit for Australia.
The Citi Markets business activity takes place across 15 countries in Asia Pacific and follows a Hub and country model; the regional Hubs are based in Singapore and Hong Kong. The Hubs focus on servicing global clients across the Citi network and serve as centres for consolidation of risk, managing liquidity and capturing arbitrage. The country Markets business primarily services local clients and the Hubs.
The global breadth, product depth and strength of Citi's sales and trading, distribution and research capabilities span a broad range of asset classes, currencies, sectors and products, including equities, commodities, credit, foreign exchange, emerging markets, G10 rates, municipals, prime, futures and securities services businesses, providing customized solutions that support the diverse investment and transaction strategies of investors and intermediaries worldwide.
- Develops and executes a robust Audit Plan, by reviewable entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation and (where appropriate, branch examinations, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting
- Manages audit activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan
- Applies in-depth level of expertise in one or more of the corporation's businesses and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology.
- Manages a complex and critical audits within Internal Audit, possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of different Internal Audit standards, policies and local regulations, applies a broad and comprehensive knowledge of high risk areas including: FXLM Sales and Trading, Middle Office, Operations, Technology, project/program management and Regulatory Compliance
- Leads the professional development of more junior Internal Audit staff.
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses
- Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach
- Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model
- Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues. Analyzes reporting findings; Recommends appropriate interventions where needed. Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems. Partners with Directors and Managing Director to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues
- Collaborates effectively with other regional and global audit teams and helps them in achieving their objectives
- Responsible for reviewing and approving Business Monitoring Quarterly Summaries, Risk Assessments and Issue Validation work papers
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus
- Senior level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding local regulatory knowledge and a solid business understanding of markets trading products
- Demonstrates experience in managing teams and managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix reporting environment
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management