Credit Analyst, Non-Bank Financial Institutions
7 days left
Team and Role Overview:
The Sri Lanka NBFI team covers finance and leasing companies as their primary market sector. They develop in-depth knowledge of the Fitch-rated companies and general credit trends, and also produce high-quality research and ratings reports.
This role will support the development of Fitch’s franchise in the region by increasing the breadth and depth of NBFI credit research with a primary focus on the local market.
- Undertake, as a Primary or Secondary Analyst, credit ratings on new transactions as well as monitoring on existing ratings
- Conduct regular Issuer/Sector/Market research for the purpose of analysis, compile of rating reports and committee packages
- Participate in internal discussions on sector-wide credit issues that could lead to publication of research reports.
- Publish sector-specific research (including issuer reports, special sector reports, presentations)
- Maintain files in accordance with internal policies in relation to meetings, committee documentation and external correspondence
- Assist senior analysts in external outreach (including analytical meetings, investor & banker meetings) or take responsibility for same
- Actively participate in rating committees, offering your opinion and insight and other internal analytical discussions
- Financial data entry and maintain up-to-date databases/systems
- Closely follow market developments surrounding rated transactions and their sectors, assessing the potential impact on the transaction and maintaining contact with related parties.
- Ad hoc tasks
Qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant credit experience working in another credit rating agency, bank/investment bank, regulator, investment manager (or similar institution) or consultancy/accounting firm is essential
- Bachelor’s Degree with a specialty in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Maths or Statistical Sciences is required
- Proficiency in use of Excel/Word/PowerPoint
- Ability to analyse NBFIs in depth for the purpose of assigning credit ratings, strong understanding of macro financial system risks
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Resourcefulness in terms of managing challenges associated with data collection and analysis;
- Confident and articulate in communicating with internal/external constituents (including investors, bankers, regulators and media), with strong business English writing skills and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable inquisitive, broad-minded and forward-thinking analytical nature, with international perspectives in relation to credit matters
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Able to work independently yet contribute to team objectives