State Street - Intermediate Research Analyst - Investment Solutions Group
6 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Investment Solutions Group - Intermediate Research Analyst
- State Street Global Advisors (SSGA), one of the industry's largest institutional asset managers, is the investment management arm of State Street Bank and Trust Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of State Street Corporation, a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors. The Investment Solutions Group (ISG) is the investment team that develops and manages multi-asset strategies such as tactical asset allocation, strategic asset allocationand outcome-oriented strategies for SSGA.
Job Description- ISG Intermediate Research Analyst
- This Bangalore-based position will be a member of ISG's Research Team, which is responsible for developing proprietary quantitative models and strategies. The ISG Intermediate Research Analyst will execute research projects with the objective of improving or developing investment strategies and integrating research solutions into client portfolios. Research objectives include R&D on proposed forecasting models, investment strategies, and trading approaches.The role also necessitates preparing cogent summaries of our research findings and communicating our team's quantitative views across internal and external forums. As such,strong written and oral communication skills are critical.
- In addition, the Strategist will be responsible for quantitative research such as strategy backtests, portfolio analytics, portfolio optimizations and trading simulations. Research projects will be related to developing investment strategies and integrating the team's research solutions into client portfolios. A successful candidate will have experience in areas of Finance, Applied Mathematics, and Economics with a specialization in investment management. Experience with research and modeling within the context of multi-asset class portfolios is preferred.
- Candidates are expected to have experience in quantitative analysis:forecasting models, portfolio construction, risk management, and trading using a variety of advanced quantitative techniques. Candidates should be able to work well in a team and feel comfortable presenting research findings. Candidates should be able to work well in a team and feel comfortable presenting other individual's research.
- Lead research projects on quantitative strategies
- Represent the team's research both internally and externally
- Develop and enhance investment/trading strategies
- Participate in model validation, maintenance, and infrastructure monitoring
- Deliver portfolio analytics and investment analysis to clients and portfolio managers
- Advanced degree in Finance/Economics/Math
- CFA designation a plus
- 3-5 years of professional/academic experience
- Strong quantitative modeling, analytical and programming skills (e.g. Matlab (required), SQL, Excel, VBA)
- Familiarity with financial software (FactSet, Bloomberg, Ibbotson, Datastream)
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to execute independently yet also have strong team orientation