Senior Credit Analyst, Investment Grade
To enhance the return of Voya Investment Management’s different client portfolios by performing fundamental credit research and making timely trade recommendations based on relative value and expected changes in issuer fundamental profiles. You will be responsible for recommending trades and for monitoring the credit quality of holdings in the insurance accounts, pension fund, and mutual fund family. You will also be responsible for US Financials and/or Industrials, and will work in a collaborative manner with the Investment Grade Credit Team’s other credit analysts and portfolio managers.
- Perform fundamental credit analysis and construct financial models on investment grade public corporate bond issuers primarily focusing on the Financial sector.
- Develop research strategies to find the best relative value among issuers and among the industry sectors assigned.
- Build relationships with Wall Street brokers, traders, and analysts to glean additional insights on market, industry, and issuer credit developments.
- Collaborate with portfolio managers to implement portfolio strategies.
- Participate in relative value/credit meetings.
- Where applicable, provide 2A-7 credit support for the money market portfolio.
- Perform ad hoc credit analysis support for other departments as assigned on occasion.
- Understand and follow firm policies and procedures while performing the roles outlined above.
- Approximately 7-10 years of credit analysis experience
- MBA Degree, CFA Designation, or equivalent preferred
- Strong skills in credit analysis and problem solving
- Ability to be forward-looking and to correlate anticipated changes in credit quality with relative value
- Detail oriented yet able to maintain a broad perspective
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate investment recommendations both verbally and in writing
- Strong teammate who believes in an integrated team driven investment process
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer and data management skills
- The job will be based in Atlanta, GA. Experience with a previous top-tier buy-side/sell side firm is helpful