State Street - Intermediate Quantitative Analyst - Global Systematic Fixed Income
Company : State Street Global Advisors (SSGA)
Opportunity : Intermediate Quantitative Analyst, Global Systematic Fixed Income
Location : Bangalore, India
- State Street Global Advisors is the asset management business of State Street Corporation, one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors with over $2.5 trillion in assets under management and a heritage dating back over two centuries.
- Backed by the strength and stability of the State Street organization, SSGA makes continual investments in asset management and client servicing platforms, resulting in a client-focused, solutions-driven orientation.
Position : State Street GA is seeking an Intermediate Quantitative Analyst for its Global Systematic Fixed Income team. This team is responsible for the development of investible strategies and though leading research in factor based or smart beta fixed income investing.
- The analyst will be part of the team responsible for developing investment strategies, engaging in research, creating proprietary solutionsand writing papers for publication. The development of strategies will be done with a close focus on the implementability of this research and will therefore require a level of market knowledge and attention.
- The ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years of investment experienceand demonstrated quantitative skills.
- A Bachelor's degree is required; advanced degree (MBA, MA, or MS) or CFA is preferred
- At least 3 years of investment experience is required, preferably with knowledge of factor research either through active quantitative research,smart beta/risk premia research. Factor research can be in either an academic or industry setting.
- Familiarity with front office tools such as Factset, Bloomberg, etc. is highly recommended.
- Strong quantitative skills are required. Knowledge of statistical packages (preferably Matlab or R)and SQL is highly recommended. Experience dealing with large data sets is preferred.
- Good communications skills and strong process, organizational, time and project management skills are necessary
- A desire to develop creative and innovative solutions is highly recommended