Canadian Investment Counselor (2018-7622)
Are you a Financial Advisor or a Stock Broker looking for the next step in your career? Fisher Investments has an opportunity for you!
Become a pioneer within our newly developed and growing presence in the Canadian market. Check out our Canadian Investment Counselor position.
Do you have a background in Finance and Investments as either an advisor or broker, and... Are you a high achiever? Do you have passion? Drive? Do you want to be innovative? Do you love to build relationships and educate? Are you interested in other cultures? Do you challenge yourself to continue to grow and develop? Then we are looking for you!
As an Investment Counselor, you will be the face and voice of Fisher Investments. You will spend your time on an assigned roster of high-net-worth clients, educating them on our top-down investment philosophy, explaining why we’ve made certain decisions for their particular portfolio, and helping them understand events in the market. Your sole mission is to help your clients stay on track with their long-term financial goals.
When you come to work for us as an Investment Counselor, we provide you with an arsenal of support, including:
- An advanced finance and capital markets education through our training and mentoring program, allowing you to learn how our firm is different from our competitors and why that gives us a competitive advantage
- Internal portfolio decision-makers and auxiliary research teams who handle the portfolio itself, meaning you can focus on providing unparalleled customer service
- You’re free to take off your “many hats” and become an expert in client relationship management and education
- Ongoing career development, empowering you to discover your own career path Opportunities for advancement driven by performance and attitude
- Competitive compensation that aligns your interest with the client’s, instead of working against each other
- CFA (any level)
- A thorough understanding of the investment industry
- A desire to develop longstanding relationships as opposed to selling products or trading accounts
- A tremendous desire to explore new opportunities and challenges
Don’t miss it, though, these are coveted positions within the firm and tend to fill fast. Take your career to the next level and apply today!
The Bottom Line:
The individuals who typically excel in this role have finance experience and a thorough understanding of the investment industry. They understand Fisher Investments is structurally and culturally different from its competition, and that gives us an advantage. You will succeed if you have a desire to develop relationships with your clients, including learning about their culture—as opposed to focusing primarily on selling them products or unnecessarily trading their accounts. You will thrive if you have a tremendous desire to explore new opportunities and challenges—and along the way, seek to help us in our quest to better the investment universe. Finally, you will excel here if you have a strong understanding of the importance of the service we offer our clients—if you continuously strive to put your clients first.
So, what are you waiting for? Elevate your career and apply now!
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
By applying you acknowledge that your information will be collected, used, disclosed, and stored outside of Canada, including at Fisher Investments and our service providers in the United States, and you agree that we may use your information (including your phone number and email address) to process your application and contact you to discuss opportunities with us.