Fixed Income Structured Credit Analyst - Omaha, NE
Participates in the process of sourcing, selecting and managing financial assets for the Enterprise to include but not limited to ABS, CMBS, and CLOs. Provides credit and trading research, assists in the advancement of potential investment opportunities and delivers valued investment services to our partners through effective collaboration, engagement and communication. Supports and participates in the development and empowerment of the Investment Management staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyzes potential investment opportunities by understanding the contents of an offering memorandum, performing industry and/or asset class research, evaluating an issuer's capital structure and financial position, analyzing comparable investment opportunities, assessing and interacting with company management and exploring other unique features of an opportunity.
- Continually monitors portfolio credits for noteworthy events that may affect credit quality, internal ratings and/or prices. Maintains a solid working knowledge of specific credits followed and exhibits a willingness to share and receive insights and information on other credits managed within the portfolio.
- Demonstrates an ability to understand the strengths and potential pitfalls of an investment idea and actively participates in group discussions to generate value added ideas.
- Gains expertise in several industries and/or asset classes and develops an effective medium by which this information is shared with interested parties within Investment Management.
- Provides analysis and assessment of securities that have encountered financial distress and, in conjunction with the portfolio manager, develops proposals to buy, hold or sell distressed assets.
- Builds internal and external relationships with colleagues, sell-side traders and bankers, rating agencies, issuers, industry experts and other sources to collect additional insights on market, industry, asset class and issuer credit developments.
- Maintains proper documentation for regulatory and compliance purposes. Satisfies documentation processes to ensure files are easily found, understood and maintained by others.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding, up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays, sitting over 66% of the time and Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Investment Analyst essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Sr. Investment Analyst level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the ABS, CMBS, and CLO asset classes and structures.
- Working knowledge of Intex and Bloomberg for structured securities.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with an emphasis on Word and Excel.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, pride and ownership of work product, strength of conviction and desire to succeed.
- Sound ethics and integrity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills; ability to participate in and/or develop proposals based on analysis and research; desire to help Investment Management achieve strategic goals.
- Ability to learn how others make judgments regarding credit, risk and valuation and apply that learning.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Experience with cashflow modeling.
- Experience with financial statement analysis.
- Completion of Level I, II or III of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program.
- Ability to influence others.
- Willingness to develop leadership skills.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.