Fixed Income Corporate Credit Analyst (Financials) - Omaha, NE
Participates in the process of sourcing, selecting and managing financial assets for the Enterprise to include but not limited to credit, fixed income, alternatives and/or private markets. Provides credit and/or fund research for investments, develops proposals for potential investment opportunities and delivers valued investment services to our partners through effective collaboration, engagement and communication. Supports and participates in the development and empowerment of the Investment Management staff. May provide work direction or support the development of other analysts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyzes and proposes potential investment opportunities: reviewing offering memorandum, performing targeted industry and/or asset class research, evaluating an issuer's capital structure and financial position, thoughtfully analyzing comparable investment opportunities, assessing and interacting with company management, strategically using independent outside research and exploring other unique features of an opportunity.
- Provides subject matter expertise in the financial institutions sectors (banks, brokers, asset managers, etc) across the capital structure (senior through preferreds) globally.
- Continually monitors portfolio credits for noteworthy events that may affect credit quality, internal ratings and/or prices. Maintains detailed knowledge of specific credits followed while also exhibiting a curious and collaborative mindset with respect to all other credits managed within in the fixed income portfolio.
- Provides detailed analysis and assessment of fixed income securities that have encountered financial distress; makes proposals to buy, hold or sell distressed assets.
- Builds and maintains internal and external relationships with colleagues, sell-side analysts, rating agencies, issuers, industry experts and other sources to collect additional insights on market, industry, asset class and issuer credit developments.
- Maintains proper documentation for regulatory and compliance purposes. Satisfies documentation processes to ensure files are easily found, understood and maintained by others.
This job posting is reflective of the Investment Analyst essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Jr Investment Analyst, Investment Analyst, and Sr Investment Analyst levels have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Undergraduate degree ideal in finance, accounting or a STEM field.
- Strong knowledge, understanding and experience with the credit analysis of financial institutions.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, pride and ownership of work product, strength of conviction and desire to succeed.
- Sound understanding of fixed income markets and relative value.
- Experience with financial statement analysis and financial modeling
- Strong ethics and integrity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; an ability to interact with and influence others and work across disciplines and outside of reporting lines.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and business management skills; participates in and develops proposals based on analysis and research.
- Ability to help Investment Management achieve strategic goals.
- Ability to make judgments and provide recommendations regarding credit, risk and valuation.
- Ability to influence others.
- Advanced business degree and/or completion of the CFA program.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.