1. Identify micro and macro-economic indicators that are of significant importance to a particular investment deal.
2. Work in close coordination with the Head of Investment and Senior Investment Analyst to perform deal screening, deal structuring and investment memo preparation.
3. Work in conjunction with the Senior Investment Analyst, compute/analyse and gather information to provide an informative analysis to the Head of Investment and the Manager Investments.
4. Analyse financial information to produce forecasts based on industry and economic conditions for use in making principal investment decisions. Analyse company accounts, profit and loss sheets, cash flow and other financial information
5. Interpret data affecting bank’s decision to provide equity to a particular SME, such as price, yield, stability, future trends in investment risks and economic influences
6. Monitor and analyse the progress of 100 day monitoring plan, create analysis reports and share the results with the team
7. Be aware of current developments in the field and get involved in preparing financial models to project future economic trends,
8. Maintain the appropriate financial models, standards and operating procedures as per the Bank’s policies.
9. Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of developments in the fields of business, finance and both local and global economy
10. Assist in the preparation of plans of action for bank’s principal investment deals based on financial analyses
11. Ensure that the overall processes pertaining to Equity Investments in SME’s are conducted in an efficient and effective manner.
12. Keep the Head of Investments informed of significant issues that may jeopardize the achievement of Bank goals.
13. Prepare regular reports and presentations on finance and administrative activities and discuss the same with the Head of Venture Capital Fund
14. Maintain highest standards of professional conduct, ethics and integrity in the provision of services and ensure the same is complied with appropriately across the department.
15. Ensure adherence to the Bank’s policies and procedures where Financial Analysis is concerned.
16. Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with all bank units to achieve the Department’s goals/ objectives.
17. Support management in keeping department records updated, including investments performance, client records and progress on the different tasks assigned.
Technical Competencies: Knowledge of Investments Products Knowledge of Other Departments’ Products and Services Identifying Potential SMEs or Start-ups Identifying cross selling opportunities Relationship Management with internal and external stakeholders Portfolio Management Financial Modelling Business Valuation Deal Management
Qualifications & Experience Required Qualifications: *
Bachelor’s Degree in Banking and Finance from a reputed university.
Possess solid knowledge and experience in feasibility assessment, market studies and financial modeling
Possess solid skills in communication and public speech
Possess solid knowledge in the Qatari market and banking business Required Experience:
Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience in an investment function in a similar role or as an investment analyst consultant (part of a team handling transactional services) preferably in a Gulf/ Local bank