Associate, MBS Research
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Research
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18077207
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi Investment Research is searching for an Associate to be part of a team covering companies in the US mortgage backed securities sector. The Associate is responsible for supporting the Lead Analyst in the sector by building financial models, writing research reports, communicating recommendations and ideas to clients and partnering with Salesforce.
This individual is expected to:
• Conduct analysis
• Make Investment Recommendations
• Interact with Institutional Clients
• Speak to industry contacts
• Track housing industry and public policy current events
• Develop financial models and valuation techniques
• Establish yourself as an expert
• The ideal candidate would have a minimum of a BA/BS with a strong academic record; An MBA and/or CFA is a plus
• 3+ year(s) in buy or sell side research, investment banking, public accounting, consulting or other relevant experiences is preferred
• Proficiency with both Word and Excel is required
• Proficiency with programming languages like SQL and Python is also ideal
• Securities licensing a plus (Series 7/63 and 86/87)
• BA/BS required as well
• Must be pro-active with a can-do attitude