Equity Research - Senior Associate - Biotechnology
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Research
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18069344
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi Investment Research is searching for a Senior Associate to be part of a team covering companies in the Biotech Sector. The Senior Associate is responsible for supporting the Senior Analyst in the sector by building financial models, writing research reports, communicating recommendations and ideas to clients and partnering with the Salesforce. Over time, the Senior Associate may have the opportunity to pick up his/her own coverage of stocks.
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter with ambition to progress his/her career within equity research.
This individual is expected to:
• Conduct analysis
• Make Investment Recommendations
• Interact with Institutional Clients
• Attend industry conferences and speak to industry contacts
• Track company events and earnings
• Develop financial models and valuation techniques
• Write effectively on Biotech related topics
• Establish themselves as an expert
• Bachelor's degree with Biology or Biochemistry coursework or experience required; MD/PhD degree is preferred.
• 2+ years in buy side or sell side research, or investment banking is required; experience within the therapeutics sector is strongly preferred
• MBA/CFA is a plus.
• Must be analytical, collaborative, self-motivated and be able to work independently.
• Candidate must have a strong understanding of accounting principles and financial statements as well as good modeling skills.
• Strong communication skills are required.
• Securities licensing is a plus (Series 7/63 and 86/87)