The Event Assistant is responsible for providing day-of on-site event assistance to the Society. This person will work approximately one event per month with each event lasting approximately two hours. Events are typically lunch educational programs or early evening functions.
The Event Assistant is an independent contractor who will receive a 1099 at the end of each calendar year. The fee payable for this service is $150 per event, and the dress code is business formal.
This person will meet the following qualifications:
- Professionalism: our membership is comprised of investment professionals – the ideal candidate will be polished and have a professional presentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills: this person will be the face of our organization greeting our members as they arrive to our events – the ideal candidate will be friendly, approachable, and comfortable interacting with the general public
- Flexibility in scheduling: we book the majority of our events months in advance, but they are during business hours. You must be available during the week during business hours.
Event Assistant’s Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a small inventory of CFA Society San Diego property – badge paper, holders, and trays, table cloth, pop-up banners, etc., and transport to each event.
- In advance of the event, ensure that badges and registration lists have been printed, and that badges have been inserted into badge holders. Electronic files will be sent to you by the Managing Director.
- On the day of the event, arrive 30 minutes prior to the event to set up.
- Assist the event speaker(s) and any CFA Society Board Members as required
- Sign each attendee into the event. Notate no-shows, late arrivals, early departures, and walk-ins.
- Process walk-in registrations as needed (no cash or credit card accepted, forward walk-in contact information to Managing Director for processing post-event).
- Work with venue staff and assist with on-site logistics (A/V equipment, food and beverage questions, parking validation, etc.)
- Provide attendees with any additional assistance that may be required
- Report event attendance information to the Managing Director
Please email Stacy Love at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this role.