Investment Sourcing Associate
TVC Capital is an operator-led growth equity firm focused on investments in and acquisitions of B2B software companies. We invest growth equity in minority interests as well as provide capital for recapitalizations and buyouts. TVC is currently investing out of a $180 million fund and has approximately $400 million in assets under management.
Scope and Responsibilities:
The role is available due to firm growth and the current Associate being promoted to take on additional responsibilities within the firm. The Associate plays a critical and cross functional role in supporting the investment and operating activities of TVC Capital. Working with the executive leadership of TVC Capital, activities of the Associate include (but are not limited to):
- Opportunity Creation – TVC employs a thesis driven outbound approach in its proprietary deal flow generation. This function serves as the lifeblood of the firm and requires a unique individual to engage with target companies, gain a critical understanding of their key business drivers, and asses their prospects.
- Opportunity Cultivation – TVC believes the upcoming cycle will create tremendous opportunity to combine subscale point solutions into mission critical platforms. The Associate will have the latitude to originate opportunities through an understanding of industry value chains, VC portfolio compositions, and secular drivers to originate unique opportunities for value creation.
- Opportunity Development – Monitoring top investment prospects and developing select vertical industry relationships will be a focus for the position. The Associate is encouraged to actively participate in ideation and research activities that further the thesis driven proprietary deal flow objectives.
- Opportunity Presentation – Associate will need to effectively and concisely communicate the merits of a potential investment. SWOT analysis, “Elevator Pitch” deck, or any other method that conveys growth potential and sustainable competitive advantage of the target business to the team.
- Opportunity Evaluation – Comprehensive analysis of new investment opportunities; fit evaluation against TVC’s investment criteria and theses; preparation and structuring of term sheets and related deal process documentation
- Transaction Analysis and Execution – Assist in the preparation of investment committee memorandum
Target candidates will possess several of the following:
- Undergraduate degree from a top school, with demonstrated strong academic performance
- Experience in technology, financial services, consulting, software, strategy and/or corporate development are preferred but not a requirement
- Demonstrated competency in financial statement analysis, understanding of unit economics, as well as strong analytical skills
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously with extreme attention to detail
- Ability to work in a small team environment; strong communication skills; proven self-starter and detail-oriented
Anticipated start date: Q1, 2019
Job Type: Full-time