Fixed Income Credit Analyst
Fixed Income Credit Analyst
Industrial Alliance Portfolio Management (U.S.), LLC (IAPM U.S.) is an investment management company specializing in U.S. fixed-income securities. IAPM U.S. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of iA Financial Group Founded in 1892, Industrial Alliance contributes to the financial well-being of over 3 million clients in Canada and the United States. Industrial Alliance employs more than 5,700 people and manages and administers over $173 billion in assets. Industrial Alliance`s stock is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol IAG.
IAPM U.S. is seeking a Fixed Income Credit Analyst. This role will report to and will work closely with the Portfolio Manager. The Fixed Income Credit Analyst will be responsible for fundamental credit analysis of investment-grade issuers within a small investment team managing a $1.5 billion U.S.-focused bond portfolio.
- Actively monitors and analyzes assigned economic sectors and related issuers through top-down and bottom-up fundamental research.
- Provides timely credit research opinions and relative value recommendations (verbal and written) to the Portfolio Manager to enhance portfolio returns while managing risk.
- Develops relationships with bond issuers and other industry experts to support research.
- Significantly contributes to overall research team efforts through industry, sector, and sub-sector reports, peer support, etc.
- Actively assists the portfolio manager and provides ongoing support.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as accounting or finance.
- CFA charter or actively studying and testing for CFA charter.
- 1-4 years of credit analyst and related investment experience.
- Experience in financial analysis of midstream and communication sectors a strong plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Strong computer/MS Office skills; including advanced Excel skills, and the ability to learn other software systems quickly.
- Bloomberg system expertise.
- Thorough understanding of accounting and finance.
- Excellent understanding of business and economic models to research target companies and determine potentially profitable investments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills required to complete detailed fundamental analysis.
- Ability to work independently as well as function effectively as a team player.
- Ability to perform well under pressure, manage multiple projects and take initiative and responsibility for results.
- Ability to keep work well organized and prioritize according to objectives.
- Ability to adapt well to change, both procedural and organizational.
- A positive, learning-oriented attitude.
WORKING CONDITION, PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Work is sedentary in nature and is performed in a traditional office environment with cubicles. Typically, the incumbent will sit comfortably while performing the work, with some walking, standing, bending and carrying of light items, such as papers, books, and files. Other physical demands in performing the essential functions of this position include: digital dexterity, hearing, seeing, and talking. Mental requirements include, but are not limited to, the ability to concentrate, take initiative, cope with stress, adapt, and stay alert in a business environment. Some business travel required for industry visits, conferences and training; 10% minimum.
This job description reflects a summary of the job and does not prescribe or restrict the responsibilities that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.