Senior Manager, Research - Real Estate Investment
- 10+ years' experience in a real estate related macro/quantitative role
- Native standard English; Mandarin, Cantonese or Japanese language preferable
- Real estate investment management across Asia Pacific
We are currently working on a senior role to management the research endeavors of a global real estate investment management business for Asia Pacific. With an emphasis on the importance of economic and market research to forming strategic plans for the business, the Senior Manager for Research will influence and inform strategy, investment decisions and portfolio management across the region, by providing market analysis of macro and local trends to support the global senior management of the Company.
- Develop and produce House View outlining performance of and forecasts for Asia's economies, with particular focus on China, Hong Kong and Japan
- Monitor and report on short to long-term changes and secular trends in Asian real estate markets, government policy and other Asset classes including real estate equities
- Forecast rents, vacancy levels, and capital values for selected sectors
- Lead thematic research across the region as the business requires
- Assist in development of regional strategy products and allocation recommendations
- Produce and maintain relevant risk and return metrics for use in investment decision making.
- Recognised university degree preferably in Economics / Finance or any related discipline.
- A postgraduate or professional qualification such as CFA is desirable.
- Around 10 years' experience in a macro / quantitative role. Knowledge of real estate markets is preferred but is not essential
- Native standard spoken and written English; Cantonese, Mandarin or Japanese are a plus
- A team player that values trust, integrity and respect
- Solid quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Good communication skills, particularly in writing
- Intellectually curious and adaptable
- Ability to organise and deliver to a high standard requested aspects of research projects
For a further discussion, please contact Alice (firstname.lastname@example.org).