Analyst, Manager Research
- To research and critically assess fund managers and their products.
- To write succinct and reader friendly research reports
- To play a lead role in fund manager interviews
- To play a lead role in formulating and justifying our opinions on investment strategies
- To manage ad-hoc analytical assignments on investments, managed funds and products
- To write articles including sector wrap up reports and talking points.
- To undertake other administrative, research and/or analytical work as required
- A passion for investing, demonstrated through personal knowledge of and interest in investment markets.
- A solid understanding of investment markets and the asset management industry would be viewed favorably.
- Strong critical reasoning skills (experience in high school or university debating is viewed favorably), and a preparedness to challenge the status quo with well-informed opinions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to think and write creatively
- Ability to use own initiative and work unsupervised together with the ability to priorities effectively to meet deadlines.
- Proactive aptitude to building effective internal and external relationships with key stakeholders and acting as a representative of Morningstar
- Strong attention to detail with proven analytical skills
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in a finance or business-related discipline, with an interest in pursuing CFA or other relevant postgraduate studies
- A minimum of three years' work experience in an analytical capacity, ideally but not necessarily gained within a financial services environment
Please submit a writing sample that demonstrates your writing and analytical skills, along with a resume and cover letter.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
B99_MstarHollandBV Morningstar Holland BV Legal Entity