FINANCIAL PLANNING ASSOCIATE
Altfest Personal Wealth Management, a leading independent Wealth Management firm, is seeking a highly capable, hardworking Financial Planning Associate to help formulate and implement investment and financial planning recommendations along with performing duties in the operations department.
This position is on a Financial Advisor career track and has significant upward potential. Our formal training program insures the growth of our Financial Planning Associates and supports their continuing progress at the firm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Client Account Administration: Handle trading and portfolio reporting. Work with clients and their custodians to open accounts and deposit and transfer funds.
- Financial Plan Creation: Support the creation of financial plans, based on client's goals and financial circumstances, that address questions such as at what age can one retire with financial security.
- Investment Portfolio Creation: Review client's current investments and objectives. Provide the client with a picture of his/her current portfolio composition. Create a custom portfolio within the firm’s guidelines which the firm will manage.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or a related field with high grades
- Strong standardized test scores
- Some finance experience
- Focus on Wealth Management as a career
- Passed the CFP exam or progressing towards taking the CFP exam a strong plus
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills, including the ability to simplify difficult financial concepts to educate a less experienced audience
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, takes initiative
- Team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others
- Accurate, organized, able to set priorities
- Of the highest integrity
- Maintain a “Client-first attitude”
- Desire and ability to work successfully in a small company environment
Salary & Benefits
Compensation includes attractive salary and incentive.
Generous benefits include: Fully Paid Medical Plan (with no in network co-pays or deductibles), Dental, Vision, Life and AD & D, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability FSA, Generous Profit Sharing Plan, Traditional and Roth 401(k), Tuition reimbursement to a Financial Planning Program and Exam Fee, Renewal of CFP and CFA designations, up to $400 for gym reimbursement, Membership to NAPFA.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management, founded in 1983, is a pioneer in the fee-only Wealth Management movement. Fee-only means that the firm receives fees only from its clients and not from commissions or the sale of products, which can otherwise lead to conflicts of interest.
The firm provides clients with investment management, retirement planning, insurance, tax and estate advisory.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management is dedicated to putting clients’ interests ahead of its own, hiring highly talented people who work as a team to develop the best strategies for clients, utilizing internal experts that sub-specialize in a variety of technical areas and client segments, providing a personal, warm caring atmosphere and a high level of service for clients, and introducing innovative methods to the profession that increase the value provided to clients.
The firm was recently named in The Financial Times’ “FT300” – a listing of the nation’s top 300 Retirement Investment Advisors for 2017.
Lewis Altfest, Ph.D., CFA, CFP®, founded the firm after leaving Lord Abbett & Co, a large mutual fund company with over 100 billion in assets under management, where he was a Partner and Director of Research. Lew has been named to Barron’s “Top 100 Independent Advisors” as well as Barron’s state-by-state listing of “America’s Top 1,200 Financial Advisors” as #51.
Karen C Altfest, Ph.D., CFP®, joined the firm in its early years and has had a strong impact on its growth. Karen oversees the firm’s marketing activities including a very successful program for affluent women. Karen was recently featured in Forbes’ first-ever list of “America’s Top Women Advisors” – she ranked #17 out of 200.
The firm's culture is very collegial with a family atmosphere where we care for our employees. Our team is very analytical, hardworking and yet looks to develop new ideas that will help it sustain and accelerate our growth into the future.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management is an equal opportunity employer.