Asset Allocation Strategist
Key responsibilities include:
- Asset-liability modeling for defined benefit plans. Asset allocation and spending study modeling for endowments and foundations.
- Strategic asset allocation review presentations to institutional clients
- Thought leadership, including writing white papers and blog posts on institutional risk management topics. Speaking assignments at internal at industry conferences.
- Development and communication of asset allocation best practices and coordinating efforts with portfolio managers
- Working with Consultants and Client Executives to address strategy needs for clients
- Development and maintenance of proprietary asset-liability tools
- Validation of proprietary funded status monitoring systems
- Support for quarterly reporting of funded status changes, including asset/liability change attribution
- Training of internal colleagues and clients on DB-related topics
Successful candidates must demonstrate the following:
- Professional credentials: Pension actuarial credentials (ASA or FSA required; EA required); CFA Charterholder (or progress toward this credential) strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or Actuarial Science. Alternatively, demonstrated ability in this subject matter.
- Experience in asset-liability modeling and deep understanding of defined benefit plan funding laws and accounting standards
- Exceptional analytical abilities with 5+ years of experience in data analysis and simulation modeling
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience presenting complex topics to institutional clients
- Demonstrated ability to write papers and/or blog posts in an intelligent and compelling manner
- Proficiency and extensive experience in Excel, including VBA coding
- Collaborative and proactive team player, with ability to work constructively with colleagues
- Ability and desire to meet with clients in person, including some travel (on average 1-2 business trips per month)