Associate Client Portfolio Manager – CWB Financial Group – Wealth Management
Associate Client Portfolio Manager – Wealth Management
Integrity. Accountability. Respect. Common sense. Caring.
CWB Wealth Management is an ever expanding and exciting part of the CWB Financial Group. Along with McLean & Partners, Canadian Western Financial and the 24 year history of Adroit Investment Management, CWB Wealth Management is an organization with a great branch network and unlimited growth opportunity. We provide discretionary portfolio management and investment advisory services, as well as a range of financial planning, products and services. Our clients entrust us to steward their financial futures with a thorough understanding of their needs, a focus on providing appropriate solutions, and a dedication to keeping them informed.
We are currently seeking two Associate Client Portfolio Managers to join our Edmonton and Vancouver teams!
As the Associate Client Portfolio Manager, you are seeking to become registered as a Portfolio Manager within 12 to 24 months and to build a book of business under appropriate Client Portfolio Manager supervision.
The Associate Client Portfolio Manager is responsible for providing senior support to Client Portfolio Managers who manage investments for discretionary clients and small institutional clients. This position will draw on the Associate Training Program to provide Associate Client Portfolio Managers requisite research and client management experience.
Working at CWB means…
- Inspiring trust by being open, honest and direct in communication, meeting commitments and behaving ethically in all dealings. Treating all stakeholders with professionalism, dignity and respect and supporting an environment where people can contribute and excel. Demonstrating strong interpersonal skills that contribute to working effectively in a diverse working environment. Accepting responsibility and accountability for actions and results. Making decisions guided by common sense and sound business judgement. Preparing and regularly reviewing annual goals and career development plan with your manager, and your direct reports. Promoting cooperation and commitment within the CWB Financial Group.
- Create and execute a business development plan, under the supervision of a Client Portfolio Manager, to achieve business targets for new clients, CWB Financial Group referrals, COI’s, networking and other prospecting.
- Work with the Client Portfolio Management team to develop initiatives that achieve business development and net new asset targets for the firm, including metrics to track effectiveness.
- Collaborate with CWB branch management and account managers to support broader client solutions and client growth.
- Assess clients’ investment objectives and risk profiles to create investment strategies and design the appropriate portfolios under supervision of a Client Portfolio Manager.
- Maintain relationships with discretionary investment clients and small institutional clients in line with our client experience approach.
- Respond to client requests which require analytical detail and knowledge of investment products and the investment industry.
- Provide ongoing, regular, and clear communication on client investments as well as the firm’s investment strategies and outlook.
- Adjust client portfolios to reflect changes in their objectives and risk tolerance.
- Prepare institutional requests for proposal, monthly reporting to clients including market commentary, economic updates, and compliance reporting.
- Monitor client accounts for compliance to asset allocation guidelines and adjust where necessary and take responsibility for client performance measurement and analysis of results.
- Partner with our in-house Wealth Advisory Services team, outside experts (legal, accounting, tax) and the clients’ advisors to identify the best wealth management strategy to meet clients’ needs.
- Troubleshoot systems (accounting, CRM, performance, trading) to ensure procedures are functioning effectively for client requirements.
- Utilize customer relationship tools for client retention and relationship building and maintain accurate and timely records of business development opportunities and closed business.
- Understand how to navigate CWB Financial Group banking and lending systems.
- Complete training requirements in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Finance or equivalent. Professional designation (CMA, CGA, CIM) or other designation is an asset. Passed CFA Level 3 exam is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant investment management experience. Eligible for registration as an AAR with the relevant Securities Commissions. Experience in business development specific to networking, relationship building and client acquisition is an asset. Experience in research, securities analysis, or portfolio construction.
- Reputation for integrity, values and fair dealing. Demonstrated passion for client service. Superior presentation, communications, and interpersonal skills. Displays proficiency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Good understanding of capital markets, risk and wealth management products. Strong self-starter that can contribute and collaborate with the team. Commitment to continuous learning and development in wealth management strategies and industry knowledge.
CWB Financial Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are motivated by the new perspectives diversity can bring to our workforce. Inclusion and advocacy for a diverse organization can bring excellence at all levels of our business. Regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other factors unrelated to job performance, we are looking for difference makers. We are committed to providing equitable treatment to all employees and job applicants.
Did we peak your interest? Then submit your application directly through our website at www.cwbcareers.com!
More searches like this
- Banking Investment Bank Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Corporate Finance Investment Bank Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Investment Bank Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Investment Bank Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Investment Bank Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors