Full Stack Developer
ABOUT OUR FIRM
Viewpoint Investment Partners Corporation (VIP) is a boutique investment management firm located in Calgary, Alberta and is registered as a PM, EMD, and IFM in BC, Alberta, and Ontario. The firm manages a global macro mandate on behalf of families, family offices, and institutions. VIP is owned and operated by Viewpoint Group, a single-family office also based in Calgary.
Our flagship global macro strategy uses a rigorous, evidence-based investment philosophy to create a foundational pillar for investor portfolios and is active where it counts. We use an innovative, rules-based approach to drive out behavioural biases inherent in investment decision-making.
Everything we do is for the long term. We have an entrepreneurial culture and believe strongly in alignment with our investors.
VIP is currently developing suites of in-house portfolio automation and analysis tools in a cloud-native environment. Algorithmic trading, trade automation, performance visualization, and financial data science research are all domains to which the successful candidate will be exposed.
Additionally, the successful candidate will join a tightknit team of young professionals leveraging significant R&D to rethink traditional asset management. We are looking for an ambitious and engaged new team member to augment the technology team. The candidate should be comfortable operating in the dynamic environment of a small start-up.
- Design and develop back-end systems related to trade automation, portfolio analysis, and live/historical data integrations, primarily in cross-platform .NET
- Full stack development of python libraries and web applications running algorithmic portfolios; use your knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and concurrency to optimize financial calculation libraries
- Design and develop UI components using modern SPA frameworks
- Leverage your knowledge of mathematics, statistics, and machine learning to assist in exploratory analysis and optimization of financial models using modern quantitative approaches
- Maintain portfolio reporting software, including desktop app and SQL reporting layer
- Take initiative to research new technologies and modern software architecture patterns
- Valid post-secondary degree in software/computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent experience
- Self-starter who enjoys taking initiative and is comfortable working in a changing and diverse landscape
- Experience in multiple programming languages. Slight preference given to any of C#, python, Scala, TypeScript, and R
- Strong conceptual understanding of software design principles, especially related to object-oriented programming
- Demonstrable passion for technology and innovation through side projects, open source contribution, meet-up groups, hackathons, or other related extracurriculars
- Strong interest in portfolio management and finance
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Entrepreneurial and learning mindset
- Strong interest in data science and the application of predictive algorithms
- High amount of dedication and work ethic
- High level of attention to detail
LANGUAGES & TECHNOLOGIES
- C#, .Net Standard, ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework Core, xUnit
- Python 3, Flask, Pandas, NumPy, unittest
- Scikit-learn, Spark, Keras, TensorFlow
- Hybrid cloud architecture, Docker
- SQL Server, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Legacy WinForms and SQL Server Reporting Services applications
- Azure Dev Ops, Slack, Asana
- This position reports to Ben Reeves, Data Science and Engineering Manager
- This position may be a 12-month contract, based on the applicant’s experience and qualifications
- Salary and bonus package will reflect candidate’s experience and skillset
More searches like this
- Operations Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors