Established to support Canadian forestry workers and their families, the IWA–Forest Industry Pension and LTD Plans provide pension and disability benefits and rehabilitation services to members.
With over $4 billion in assets, 400+ participating employers and 70,000 members, the IWA–Forest Industry Pension Plan is one of Canada’s top 100 pension funds, and is one of the top three private pension funds in BC. The IWA–Forest Industry LTD Plan was created almost a decade after the pension plan, and now serves over 12,000 members across western Canada.
The plans are intended to supplement government retirement benefits and provide financial protection in the event of illness and injury. They are a valuable part of members’ financial security in retirement and beyond. Both plans are administered by the Plan Office, which manages plan assets and benefits. At the Plan Office, our members are our number one priority, and we take pride in offering exceptional service—whether we’re dealing with members, participating employers, union locals or each other.
Working at the Plan Office, you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
- Work-life balance which can accommodate a flexible work schedule
- Full benefit package including, extended health, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, short & long term disability, health spending account and defined contribution pension plan
- Generous time off
- Continuing education and conferences
- Plus, more!
WHO YOU ARE
The Investment Analyst position reports to the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and works closely with the Manager, Investments. You will assist in the day-to-day monitoring, reporting, and review of the pension plan and long-term disability investment portfolios as well as oversight of external investment managers.
You will be an important part of a small team that will:
- Assist in monitoring and evaluating performance of Investment Managers.
- Prepare performance, compliance, and other monthly and quarterly reports for the Investment Committee of the Board and assist with development of new reporting.
- Monitor, evaluate and analyze risk metrics across all asset classes. Assist the Investment team to develop and improve risk and compliance analysis.
- Research and conduct analysis on a wide variety of investment topics and opportunities. This incorporates both traditional and alternative investments including real estate, infrastructure and private debt.
- Input trades, query assets and transactions via the custodial web portal.
- Maintain accurate records to support the compliance and manager monitoring procedures. Defining and documenting internal processes.
- Attend Investment Committee and Management meetings.
- Regular contact for the investment managers and the Plan’s custodian.
- Travel may be required as part of the investment manager due diligence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Finance or a related discipline with three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in an investment related environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Working towards an investment designation (i.e. CFA).
- Strong knowledge of economics and capital markets. Familiarity with public and/or private investment managers, and investment portfolio risk measures would be an asset.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work on a variety of non-routine projects with minimal guidance.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to recommend practical solutions.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work under deadlines and on several projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
The IWA—Forest Industry Pension and LTD Plans are responsible for the management and protection of large amounts of confidential information. All employees are expected to understand the requirements of and act in accordance with provincial privacy laws as well as to adhere to internal controls and policies to ensure confidential information is not revealed to or distributed or discussed with anyone other than as required to perform the duties of the position.
We thank you for your application; however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your resume with cover letter telling us what interests you in this position and how you would be a good fit for our organization. This position will remain open until it is filled.