Foreign Exchange Strategist/Economist
Bank J. Safra Sarasin Ltd is a leading sustainable private bank, offering all the advantages of the Swiss banking environment together with dynamic and personalised advisory services focusing on opportunities in international financial markets. The Bank provides a high level of services and expertise when acting as investor advisor and asset manager for private and institutional clients. Financial strength, excellent client services and outstanding quality are therefore key elements of its corporate philosophy.
J. Safra Sarasin's most valuable capital is its employees. They are essential to the success of the organisation, now and in the future. Their technical expertise, professional qualifications and social skills are highly valued by the Group's clients, management and business partners. The success of J. Safra Sarasin depends on the enthusiasm and commitment of every one of its employees worldwide.
- Analyse and forecast developments in major foreign exchange rates
- Prepare input on major foreign exchange rate forecasts and selected economies for the Investment Committees of the Bank
- Collaborate intensely with the other economists and strategists of the team to develop foreign exchange strategies in line with the economic scenario of the Bank
- Write analytical client publications on foreign exchange markets, thematic topics and asset allocation
- Prepare and give presentations of BJSS House View and communicate strategy to internal and external clients; hold regular conference calls
- Develop foreign exchange valuation models and scorecards
- Master in economics, econometrics or finance, PhD and/or CFA is a plus
- Minimum of three years experience as an analyst/in an applied research function with a special interest and affinity to the foreign exchange markets
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills
- Team-oriented and client focused working approach. Ability to work with various stakeholders
- Interest in development and innovation. Strong commitment, resilience and flexibility
- Fluency in English; German and French is a strong plus